Favorite quote about pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
"Losing hurts worse than winning feels good".

"Pitch smarter, not harder".

"When it comes to booties getting kicked in softball, it is always better to give than to receive.

"Pitching is like owning a piggy bank, the most you will ever get out of it, is EXACTLY what you have been WILLING to put into it".

"Fastpitch is a sport, slow pitch is a recreational activity".

"To be successful a pitcher must be smarter at pitching the ball than the batter is at hitting the ball".

"It isnt illegal or unsafe just because YOU dont know how to do it".

"There's speed, accuracy and placement, every thrower has that. Then there's the part you have to think about, the mental game, only pitchers have that"

"Confidence isnt anything in pitching, IT'S EVERYTHING".

Hal Skinner

"Dont blame me cause we lost, I threw exactly what the coach called for". Unknown 14u pitcher in 1992.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2012
She spent the firts 4 years trying to throw over the plate and the last 4 years trying not to throw over the plate. -Every dad with a dd that pitched

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Tommy Lasorda asking his pitchers at an All-star game if they threw and unusual pitches that his cathers should know about.
Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams responded, sometimes I throw a strike.

Jul 26, 2010
"My bad, I hit her bat"

- Sue Enquist's advice for what pitchers should tell their infield when they give up a hit.

-W

Jul 1, 2010
"P, cause you can't spell prima dona without it". DD's coach when asked the abbreviation for pitcher on the lineup card.

Oct 22, 2009
Just throw strikes "insert name here", let them hit it.
---Me my first year coaching & every new coach, I hear.

Some of my 10u pitchers are in All-Stars right now. One of my dads was complaining that they were practicing 5 days a week. No time for pitching practice at home and all the coach was allowing the pitchers to do was to pitch batting practice.
He said during the tournaments the pitchers were slow and throwing meatballs.

I said, "Let me guess, he's telling them at batting practice to just toss the ball in and let them hit it".

He said, "EXACTLY!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd