Fastpitch reading material...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
I am new to this forum and this is my first venture into fast pitch head coaching. I have assisted with my two older daughters who are now adults and coached my son, however my youngest is getting serious into fast pitch and I am getting fully immersed here in Az. I am an avid reader and prefer to learn by reading. Does anyone know of any magazines or books that are must have, must read for the up and coming fast pitch coach?

Jan 24, 2009
If you are reading this reply, click the back arrow twice. Then pick a forum, and then a thread/topic, or search if you prefer.

There are several years worth of topics/info to dig thru. You have to sift out the golden nuggets and leave the dried dog poop remnants, but there is a TON to be learned on this site alone.

Good luck, and welcome.
VW

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
No disrespect to VW, the hardest thing about any forum is sifting through, what I call "counter intelligence". Being a part of many forums over the years, there are always folks that want to be part of a discussion that they just don't have the correct knowledge to support. This forum has a tremendous amount of knowledge and does a pretty good job of correcting itself when things are just wrong. But it will take you some time to discern what data to support on face value, and what data will require some fact checking on your own. I don't have any books to offer you (other than the recent rulebook of whatever sanction you will be playing under) but feel you can learn quite a bit of good information here. But it is a slow going daily tasks. Best of luck.

Oct 21, 2012
I get fastpitch softball magazine on my iPad. It has some good all around topics for all aspects of softball.

Chad

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2013
I get fastpitch softball magazine on my iPad. It has some good all around topics for all aspects of softball.

Chad
I also have this. It is an app for ipads and iphones.THE COLLEGE SOFTBALL COACHING BIBLES VOLUME 1 and VOLUME 2 are excellent reads.These are filled with chapters written by former and current coaches of Division 1, 2, and 3 colleges.

Dec 11, 2010
I just bought "High Scoring Softball" by Ralph and Karen Weekly from Tennessee. It is not overly in depth, a really nice overview. 13 bucks on Amazon. They discuss mental approach and attitude as well as physical skills.

"Mind Gym". Starting to look a bit dated but very good.

This forum is a gold mine. Some of the older posts are little more pragmatic and a little less "my way is better than your way". More and more of the hitting posts have become contests to see who can use the most up to the moment pseudo physiological hitting slang of the week which bores me to tears.

Jan 25, 2011
Hey, I will just give you my phone number. I know everything about softball. I'm always giving my dd's TB coach advice from the bleachers. I must be good at it. My dd has been on 5 different teams in the last 2 years. The coaches keep finding her a new team, telling us that the new team is a step up from them. What a nice bunch of guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207