Fall vs. Spring Player Contract

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
For some crazy reason I've offered to be the admin for my daughter's new 12u team this year. My question is about player contracts. Last year, we made a verbal commitment to the team (same organization), then signed a formal agreement in the Spring. Is this how it is normally done? Or do you normally have a contract from Fall through Spring; or one for Fall and one for Spring? I'm checking to see if they organization has a standard contract this year (they didn't last year), so that might answer my questions, but I'd like to see how others do it.

Jul 26, 2010
Contract for each season. It can be the same actual physical paper, just change the date. So, there should be a new separate contract for fall.

-W

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
There is still quite a bit of player 'shuffling' between Fall and Spring....by both players/parents and coaches. Therefore, I would think that most player contracts would be for the Spring/Summer season only.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
In our organization, the only time an athlete (family) signs a contract is if they are new to the team. Returning athletes sign a contract in spring that is for the year (it has verbage in it that cancels the contract if no fees are paid in fall)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Anyone have a good player contract we could use as a template to develop ours? We have never had one. Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55