Everyday Workout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

All,
I was just wondering what everyones workouts were for "everyday" training at home or at the field. DD loves to workout and trying to get a routine on what to work on.

Thank you for all your help!

May 1, 2011
Long Toss is a biggie. DD has been doing some of that, although she's been experiencing some tenderness, so we've cut back. She's been doing a lot of strengthening of her legs at home. You'll see some of her drills in the videos of her lessons. Ya'll find a team yet?

Josh

Long Toss is a biggie. DD has been doing some of that, although she's been experiencing some tenderness, so we've cut back. She's been doing a lot of strengthening of her legs at home. You'll see some of her drills in the videos of her lessons. Ya'll find a team yet?

Josh

I was thinking about more technique drills :)

She has been offered a spot on 3 teams so far. However she has tryouts for 3 more teams later in the month. Trying to find that right team that will give her the opportunity she needs as well as be the best fit for her and the family. The Lady Stros 02 Gold switched coaches and the new one is very good. Janna loves his training. Also they are switching organizations (Texas Aces Express 02).

May 1, 2011
If it's the same Aces that are out of Sugarland, I'd hitch myself to that wagon in a heartbeat!!! Awesome organization and coaches!!!

Josh

May 1, 2011
That's outstanding. Jacoby left a lasting impression on me and my wife as one of the best coaches we saw in 10U all year. Her kids play with a lot of enthusiasm and love for the game. She creates that atmosphere, and if it weren't such a long drive, we'd probably go for a tryout.

DD's new coach (Brother In Law stepped down) is doing something similar though. They played in a tournament this weekend with a group of girls that have been showing up for open practices. He took about half of them and placed 4th in a tournament. They were eliminated by a team full of 13 year olds that have to move up in the spring. I hate trophy hunters. They had two girls that were almost 6 foot tall, and both of them went deep (and not just fence scrapers either, I'm talking BOMBS). DD probably had her best tournament ever all around. Played great behind the plate, and hit the ball extremely well. Funny how a little less pressure to perform (10U team was full of girls that didn't hit much) really helped her let loose. I could really tell she wasn't pressing because her swing seemed less forced. I'm SUPER PUMPED about 12U to say the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1