Enlighten me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 31, 2014
Kansas City
1) AC's dd
2) Other AC's DD
3) HC's Oldest DD
4) HC's other DD
5) HC's DD's Best Friend
6) Pitcher (just kidding the pitchers are already batting 1-3) Best hitter not related
7) Next best hitter
8) Next best hitter
9) Actual best hitting with speed who has the gall to be better then the coaches kids

Just kidding, I figured someone would do it. I like the way Eric has it set up

Best post this morning.

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
Our teams head coach was very good a placing hitters in the line up but I have seen other teams like China said that have the Coaches DD in the 4,5 spots and she's lucky to be a .200 hitter.

May 12, 2014
Hitters 1,2, and 4 are coaches kids. But, 1 is a good lead off and 4 can crank it. The questionable one is the 2. My DD is in the 6 spot. She does her job...whatever the 6's job is. Haha

Jun 11, 2013
Also need to consider the mental aspect.

Some kids just don't hit well as lead off. Hitting 3 and 4 are a little tough as the other team tends
to pitch harder. I love a hitter who can hit mistakes at number 5 as often they get through 3 and 4 and
relax a bit. Also need to consider that games are short so having hitters that can turn the lineup at the bottom
versus 1-2-3 innings is important. number 9 I either like a someone fast who just isn't good enough to lead
off, or a hitter that can hit it a long way when pitcher is not careful.

May 12, 2014
Thanks Canyon. Great feedback. Strange thing about DD's team is that 3-6 are the hitters that typically come up big for the team. 1 and 2 get out a lot (it seems) in big games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd