Emergency bat needed and I have no clue!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2011
Pizmaster CF4 $199.00 free shipping also take a look at the Catalyst. They have good prices on the Miken Halo light and Rain light on that site. They ship out of Jersey and you might get what you order tomorrow.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
If you're up to $200, go with the CF4. My DD is abouf the same size as yours and her CF4 outperforms any TPS bat she has tried, including the Xeno and Catalyst, the latter being the deadest bat she ever hit with.

Sep 17, 2009
Kudos to everyone for piling on with the help : >

I also believe a bat makes a huge difference, but I'm leaning more toward swing weight rather than composite/aluminum being the biggest differentiator.

I've come to despise light bats. I just don't think they work in fast pitch.

The CF4s and Insanes for $199 are great deals. But to go cheaper than that, including less than $100, I'd opt for an affordable -10/-9 aluminum vs. a wispy and overpriced -12 composite (or I've even seen -13, won't name the brand but she won't let her picture be used on this site : >). A girl's dad on our 14U team bought a -13 against my advice and I found I could bend the bat in my hands! She also checked her swing on an inside pitch, made contact and had the bat bounce back and hit her in the face mask.

Best of luck to the OP, your story touched me.

Okay...

Narrowed it down to these two.

Sale! Buy Demarini CF4 ST Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFP-11 -10oz 2011 REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Drop Drop-10 inch/oz Length/Weight 31/21 inch/oz 32/22 inch/oz
Sale! Buy Demarini CF4 ST "Insane Edition" Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFI-11 -10oz 2011 REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Drop Drop-10 inch/oz Length/Weight 31/21 inch/oz 32/22 inch/oz 33/23 inch/oz 34/24 inch/oz

So, last questions...

The recommended 32 (-10) I assume is 32/22 I assume is heavier than 31/21. Is there a big difference. She feel comfortable with her current (now borken) 31/21. Is there a huge difference? Also, of the two bats given this information can you give your opinion as to the best fit. She is more of a contact hitter than a power hitter. She is a leadoff batter and hits the ball on the ground 99% of the time which is what the coaches are teaching her. Basically use her speed to her advantage. Home runs and drives to the fence are not a factor here.

Opinions?

Thanks, Mike

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I was going to suggest this one ANDERSON NANOTEK 32/22 FASTPITCH BAT | eBay, but I see that you have narrowed it down.

The DeMarini bats have always been pretty good. I would say "Yes, one ounce can be a noticeable difference." You want to get your DD a bat that fits her now. We do not choke up on bats, anymore. The Insane addition is an end loaded bat. That means that it swings a little heavier. I like that for an experienced hitter.

I am afraid to ask why the coaches are teaching her to hit the ball on the ground. That isn't right.

sru

Jun 20, 2008
Giong from a 21 oz balanced bat to a 22 oz balanced bat is not a big difference. The extra inch in length won't be a problem either.

I wish my kid needed a new bat, those deals are great, I want a CF4 Insane for my DD, but her old CF3 is still ripping the skin off the ball!

Both bats are great bats, the Insane has an endload to it, which will make it swing "heavier" than a balanced bat of the same weight. Seeing that your DD was using a balanced bat, and transitioning from balanced to end-load can take some time, and you need a bat ASAP, I'd buy the CF4 ST and be proud of the deal that you got. You kid would now have one of the bests bats available in her bag.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Okay guys - I did it!

I broke down and bought the Demarini CF4 ST Fastpitch Bat for $199.00

I went with the 32/22 as she has been using the 31/21 for over a year. If she can't handle it yet, the team does have a 31/21 that she says is okay.

As far as the coach instructing to hit ground balls...

She used to have a big upper cut and would pop out to short stop or second base on almost every at bat. He got her to level her swing to hit line drives (maybe ground balls was an overstatement). Anyway, she does hit them pretty hard but I think her old bat was holding her back and she can use a little more pop. She is basically a singles hitter, makes contact, gets on base, steals second and third and then scores. Perhaps as she grows and her body matures home runs or gappers to the fence might come to be.

I thank all of you for your valuable time.

I am definitely checking out the boards for pointers and tips, etc...

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad