Emergency bat needed and I have no clue!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
pizmaster please ignore what softballphreak said. Don't spend all your money on a softball bat for a child if you are struggling financially. There are more important things than softball.

It looks like a fine bat to me. I've ordered bats from eBay before and never had a problem. If you can see if you can find a local shop with that bat and take your daughter to swing it.

Yes, there are more important things than softball; but not more important things than your kid. Like I said, next year you'll never miss the money.

Okay, long story. But my daughter is at her friends house. I did not know this but he is the head coach of the high school varsity team and has been so for 14 years. He has 4 daughters that have already graduated of which 3 went on to college ball. His 5th is my daughters friend who will be playing on the team next year. Anyway, he took her to the batting cage this morning and wanted to see what she could do.

What he told her is a 32 with a minus 10 or an adjustment of 1 in any direction. I assume that means a 32 (-11) or a 33 (-9) or a 31 (-11) would work?

I re-evaluated my finances and thought it thru a bit. Since I also have another diaghter (age 10) that loves the game and will probably play thru school, that investing a bit more might be worth it. I am allowing a little more and have up to $200.00 to spend.

So with that in mind, I went to the websites you guys sugggested (thanks) and they all lead to the same place in New Jersey. The deals look great and I think I will up the ante a bit.

Here are some of the bats I found that will work.

Sale! Buy Demarini CF4 ST "Insane Edition" Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFI-11 -10oz 2011 REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Drop Drop-10 inch/oz Length/Weight 31/21 inch/oz 32/22 inch/oz 33/23 inch/oz 34/24 inch/oz

Easton SSR4B DEMO Fastpitch Softball Bat - No Warranty

Sale! Buy Easton SSR3B DEMO Fastpitch Softball Bat - No Warranty REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Length/Weight 32/22 inch/oz 33/23 inch/oz

I see s a few are demos that are new and never used which is fine by me.

I would like your opinions as names and looks mean nothing to me!

And if you see others there that you would recommend as well.

Mike

Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for the quick replies and great advice. Times are a little tough right now for me. I have put aside some money for a new bat for her but the most I can spend is about $125.00 maybe $150.00 tops.

The advice is great and I now understand that a 32 (-10) sounds like the way to go. I am in central/eastern Pa and I just did a search and found that a Play It Again Sports is less than 20 minutes from me! Looks like my budget can get me a little more of a bat there!

She borrowed a "team bat" yesterday that was the same as her old bat 31/21 but a better brand and she seemed to get a little more pop in her hits.

I wish I could afford one of the $300 bats! I had no idea these things cost that much - yikes. I do have a younger daughter (10) that started playing last year and she is doing quite well - so the bat will be available to her as well down the line.

Thanks for all the help!

P.S. I am new to the board here and will be checking it out all the time. I can use all the pointers as my daughters just love the game and I absolutely love watching them play!

Great! Time goes by so fast and they grow up way too soon! Enjoy every moment you can spend watching and helping them is time well spent; the memories are precious.

This board is a great place to learn many aspects of the game. You can even post video on here and get really great advice that would cost you hundreds from private instructors.

Thanks for caring about your kids; I can tell you know they come first!

Oct 25, 2009
Okay, long story. But my daughter is at her friends house. I did not know this but he is the head coach of the high school varsity team and has been so for 14 years. He has 4 daughters that have already graduated of which 3 went on to college ball. His 5th is my daughters friend who will be playing on the team next year. Anyway, he took her to the batting cage this morning and wanted to see what she could do.

What he told her is a 32 with a minus 10 or an adjustment of 1 in any direction. I assume that means a 32 (-11) or a 33 (-9) or a 31 (-11) would work?

I re-evaluated my finances and thought it thru a bit. Since I also have another diaghter (age 10) that loves the game and will probably play thru school, that investing a bit more might be worth it. I am allowing a little more and have up to $200.00 to spend.

So with that in mind, I went to the websites you guys sugggested (thanks) and they all lead to the same place in New Jersey. The deals look great and I think I will up the ante a bit.

Here are some of the bats I found that will work.

Sale! Buy Demarini CF4 ST "Insane Edition" Fastpitch Bat WTDXCFI-11 -10oz 2011 REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Drop Drop-10 inch/oz Length/Weight 31/21 inch/oz 32/22 inch/oz 33/23 inch/oz 34/24 inch/oz

Easton SSR4B DEMO Fastpitch Softball Bat - No Warranty

Sale! Buy Easton SSR3B DEMO Fastpitch Softball Bat - No Warranty REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Length/Weight 32/22 inch/oz 33/23 inch/oz

I see s a few are demos that are new and never used which is fine by me.

I would like your opinions as names and looks mean nothing to me!

And if you see others there that you would recommend as well.

Mike

You're AWESOME! You can't go wrong with any of those bats. I still wish you could get a Xeno 32/22; it's worth it.

Anyway, good luck; and have fun!

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Here are the 2 options I wold suggest in your 200 dollar price range .

This TPS Xeno is last years model and the auction ends in 7 hours ....... New 2011 Louisville TPS XENO FP11X Fastpitch Bat 32/22 | eBay

From the other bats you have listed I would choose the Demarini CF4 . If she is not swinging an end loaded bat now I would avoid the "Insane" model but go with this one from closeoutbats instead .... http://www.softball-bats.org/demarini-cf4-st-fastpitch-bat-wtdxcfp-11.html

I would avoid the 2 demo bats just because if they get broken there is no warranty on them .

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I hope composites don't become illegal in the future. I am just throwing that out there, because they are in HS baseball and you mention that your younger daughter might use the bat down the road.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
For $200 I would also consider a 32" Easton Synge (-11.5). It is a balanced composite bat, and hits very well. Not as good as an end-loaded bat for homeruns, but very good at getting hits.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
The Lisa Fernandez model from Combat is also a good composite bat at a reasonable price. I have seen them for as low as $100 on sale (original list about $210). It comes as both a -10 and -12. My DD used that one before I got her the Easton Synergy Speed (32, -10).

I would still go to Play It Again Sports as your first move - I love going in there to "treasure hunt" once or twice a month. You never know what you might find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad