Doublewall vs. Composite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2009
My DD has Easton Crystal Synergy and has complained about it stinging her hands. I did'nt think 2 much about it until one evening I used it & wow, it did hurt. We live in the mountains and it doesn't get real hot, even in summer. 80's in day & 50's -60's at night. Just wondering if anyone else has similar problem & if doublewall aluminum would be better.:confused:

Jun 1, 2009
We had the same problem last year, with the same bat. I used it to hit infield, and I felt what she felt. Still have it, collecting dust. We switched Demarini CF4, and just purchased a phenix. She loves them.
Other girls tried the synergy, and hated it. I can't give it away

My dd was at hs practice this afternoon. Thought she was hitting pretty well. Batting coach eyed her bat and handed her another one. Heavenly day at the difference!! The balls she hit with the CF4 were soaring to the outfield - good, solid hits. She got in the car and let me know "Coach said I need to get a composite bat and the sooner, the better." Laughingly, I asked if he was going to buy it! Needless to say, we are like you, Get-n-Go, and on the hunt for a CF4.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm trying to decide between the CF4 and the new Synergy Speed. For some reason the Synergy feels heavy to me. If the price for each bat were the same, which one would you buy?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The CF4 is the hottest bat that I have been around. It is what one of my students was swinging, when the line drive hit me in the face mask.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I have the CF4 and Synergy Speed both at my house now. New in wrapper. We are hitting wiffle balls to try and get a feel for which one to keep. Both are nice bats but feel totally different. The Easton has a gentler taper towards the handle. The CF4 gets skinny quick. The CF4 reminds me of a slow pitch bat. I'm guessing that the ball will travel further with the Easton when contact is made closer to the handle. The CF4 feels lighter initially and I like the balance. When you first pick it up you feel like you want to go whack something. It feels like it would be fun to swing.

Tough decision. I'm leaving it up to my daughter. She hit the wiffle balls well with both. As Ted use to say, "It ain't the arrow it's the indian".

Jun 7, 2010
Bat warmers are illegal.
You can't go wrong with the CF4. Daughter swings one and loves it. Her teammate who used to swing a Phenix, until it died, is starting to swing the CF4 now and she is really enjoying the consistancy and pop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi