Doublewall vs. Composite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 30, 2009
i have never heard of warmers being illeagal, my older daughters HS team uses them in the winter time. my youngest uses one too. we live in Louisiana and pla USFA

Mar 30, 2009
i just read the rule book and warmers are NOT illegal, warming the bat is not altering the physical structure of the bat and we will continue to use ours untill told other

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
They might not be illegal in USFA, but they are illegal in other associations. I'm not a rule book guru, so I can't dig up the exact rules and all that stuff but I know they are illegal in some places.

Mar 30, 2009
if you cant keep your composite bat warm in fallball then you dont need to use a composite during fall. they will crack in cold temp

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would think that it is the cold ball that damages a bat and warming the bat isn't going to help.

My DD played cold weather ball. She always used an RT or a double walled bat. No one had bat warmers.

So, they have become legal? I didn't know that.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Based on what those links, only a few of them are legal. I wonder why only certain ones are legal, while others are not. I'd also like to know what is legal for HS ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1