Don't Be Cheap

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Worst experience ever was a trip to Carrolton, Ga one year. They have a huge tourney in the spring for the younger ages and we always enjoyed heading over there but you had to book early for a nice place. We were set with reservations at decent hotel when I got a call on Thursday morning before we left. Our hotel had a major problem which cut hot water off to half of the rooms. The manager was great and had arranged a block of rooms for us at another motel and would cover part of the cost. I thought how bad can it be since it is a decent area anyway.

We arrived late in the evening an I was scared to walk inside. This was a former chain motel(probably at one point in the 70's) that was now ran independently. It was nice to be able to see the people passing by outside through the crack between the door and the door facing. The fact the door shook every time another door closed was comforting so at least I knew it was locked. A couple of rooms had large holes in the ceiling and broken furniture. It was a complete disaster.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Embassy Suites whenever possible...the beds are great and even the fold-out couches are pretty comfy (I usually take the couch while DD takes the bed).

Sep 27, 2015
We tend to stay at comfort suites and their neighbor hotels. Sometimes it rocks the boat a little as it isn't the team hotel but we spend at least two weekends a month in a hotel right now and they offer us points. Stay a certain amount of nights, get free nights. Breakfast is always good, pool is clean, beds are comfy. Plus the ones we stay are at used to softball players so they normally set out extra food, cookies, and drinks for them after the games.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA