Do I even know what the heck I'm saying? Advice please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Here's what I said just the other day.

DD used to be certain she wanted to play in college, now she's not so sure. She does know she wants a good academic school and a "hard" major. Something in the sciences or engineering or perhaps pharmacy, etc. Lifetime career definitely trumps big-time softball for us.​

However, DD has received a flyer from Purdue about their "Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day" that she's been waving around at us. It sounds great, DD is enthusiastic and after poking around on the internet, I don't see any closer colleges offering such a thing. So DH and I are considering making the 8 hour drive to Indiana to let her attend this.

Now I consider Purdue big-time softball, but Purdue the academic institution is on DD's radar. If we go, should we 1) just pretend we were never there in terms of softball or 2) have DD contact the coach to tell her she'll be there that weekend and ask whether she could make an unofficial visit?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I think a DFP's dd is verballed there. :) And I agree with JAD...check out when their camps are...maybe the timing will work out in your favor.

My DD is a 2017 pitcher verballed to Purdue. We will be there on the 18th to check out the weather and attend their pitching camp. When we went for our visit back in Sept it was 75 and sunny, yesterday it was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -8....just dayum!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would guess a lot of players are unsure if they are going to play SB in college, I do not know what it would hurt to contact the coach. Just be honest and say that SB might or might not be on your DD’s radar but she is really interested in the school and just wants to check it all out.

They might hook you up with a player that might or might not talk your DD into or out of SB. :)

Jun 18, 2010
2) have DD contact the coach to tell her she'll be there that weekend and ask whether she could make an unofficial visit?

MsD, I've seen your DD play and she is very talented. Do you have a skills video you could send to the Purdue coaching staff as a way to introduce yourself and make the request for an unofficial visit as part of the planned academic visit?

Apr 1, 2010
Not sure when the "Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day" is, but Coach Schuette has a couple of softball camps coming up the next two weekends in case you want to try to do both!!!

https://purduesportcamps.com/softball/

Thanks, JAD, as a crazy DFP Mom LOL, the first thing I did when DD showed me the flyer was to look at their camp schedule, but the engineering day is in February and the camps are in January. :-(

Sep 18, 2011
My DD is a 2017 pitcher verballed to Purdue. We will be there on the 18th to check out the weather and attend their pitching camp. When we went for our visit back in Sept it was 75 and sunny, yesterday it was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -8....just dayum!

7 degrees sounds great. That's about 20 degrees warmer than here today.

The air hurts my face... - Imgur

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi