Disgusting pitching princess

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
At state tourney today. Opposing pitcher is "OK" but nuttin special. Our player smokes one to left,....ya know,...the kind with allot of hooking spin on it. Well the ball tips off the glove-top of the left fielder and the very special pitcher in the circle says loud enough for all to hear "Ya gotta do better than that - this is a joke - we aint gonna be winning anything with play like that".

Parents on our side are speechless. Did she really just go off like that out-loud with coaches watching? Just a disgusting display.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I know I've told this story before but this young lady needs a parent around like Mrs. McGuiggin. Her son Shane was playing 1b and I was pitching a perfect game. We were in the 7th inning and there were 2 outs. Shane didn't make a play on what I thought was a routine play and I acted wrong. I've never forgotten the lesson Mrs. McGuiggin taught me. She came over after the game. As calmly as can be she said to me, "Darrell, if you were half as good as you think you are, no one could hit a foul ball off of you." Talk about putting me in my place. I needed that and, to be honest, I am so thankful that she did it. ......................................... Of course when I got home, dad helped me understand how to be humble.

Dec 13, 2014
At state tourney today. Opposing pitcher is "OK" but nuttin special. Our player smokes one to left,....ya know,...the kind with allot of hooking spin on it. Well the ball tips off the glove-top of the left fielder and the very special pitcher in the circle says loud enough for all to hear "Ya gotta do better than that - this is a joke - we aint gonna be winning anything with play like that".

Parents on our side are speechless. Did she really just go off like that out-loud with coaches watching? Just a disgusting display.

Her coaches and parents are to blame. The girls that I have seen like this never are or turn out to be as good as they think they are.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Sounds exactly like the pitcher on DD's school team, who is actually a terrible pitcher. MS coach declined to exercise any control over the little monster, and for the first time DD is making noise about quitting softball altogether.

Oct 3, 2009
Great story Cannonball. I have too many similar stories but on the football side that I care to count. :)

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I guess RubberBiscuit being a pitcer's dad isn't going to complain about a pitcher unless she deserves it.
There is a VERY short list of pitchers in Wisconsin the caliber of RB's DD or better. RB could count them on his thumbs.

In other words, this pitcher was not in the same class as the really good ones, nor as classy.