Dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
One thing I highly recommend to anyone with a 10-14 year old who wants to pitch and take a 1 or 2 spot.
Get your kid in great shape from a conditioning standpoint.
Last year my 10 going on 11 year old was a good pitcher but could not go 4 innings without losing velocity and energy.
She worked her tail off over the fall and winter on the elliptical and bike. Fast forward to this spring and more importantly summer she totally carried the load.
Pitch two games in a day? No problem... 6 innings in 98 degree heat? Easy... Gotta get em in shape so they don't break down.

I've heard this a lot WRT general playing. Makes even more sense as applied to pitchers. My husband's big on conditioning; it's one reason we left our last team. He wanted to have conditioning built into practices so we wouldn't have a team that fell apart in game 3 or 4 every single tournament because too many of the girls just couldn't keep going strong that long.

May 12, 2014
Riseball...you're right. This is a goofy team that has fun and one of her best friends is on the team. Kid believes in herself. So, if she feels she can win the pitching job and have fun doing it....why not. She's only 12. Have fun kid.

In regards to conditioning...the comments are spot on. Luckily DD plays basketball and is running cross country. So, she's always active

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA