DD surgery Thursday, prayers and well wishes appreciated

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
Thoughts and best wishes your families way. hope her recovery goes well. thank goodness these young athletes are always stronger than you think!

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
Prayers for uneventful surgery and quick healing time! What is the down time for this surgery? Will she require P/T?

DD will have 4 weeks with crutches or scooter. She will not be able to bear weight for those 4 weeks. Then, she should have another 4 weeks in a walking boot. She should be able to begin P/T after that. She will miss track season for sure, but we hope she can return to playing softball in time for summer showcases. However, we are more hopeful that she will be pain-free, even if it means hanging up her cleats for good.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
FWIW - My DD had a bilateral bunionectomy performed on both feet in November of her Junior year. Basically they broke both feet, re-positioned them, and secured them with surgical screws. While it is true that it impacted her recruiting opportunities, she worked hard and came back even stronger. She was at full speed by the following June and was once again heavily recruited. Three years later she was the winning pitcher in the NJCAA National Championship, NJCAA Pitcher of The Year, and this Spring will pitch in the SEC. Just know that with some prayer and lots of hard work anything is possible.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
FWIW - My DD had a bilateral bunionectomy performed on both feet in November of her Junior year. Basically they broke both feet, re-positioned them, and secured them with surgical screws. While it is true that it impacted her recruiting opportunities, she worked hard and came back even stronger. She was at full speed by the following June and was once again heavily recruited. Three years later she was the winning pitcher in the NJCAA National Championship, NJCAA Pitcher of The Year, and this Spring will pitch in the SEC. Just know that with some prayer and lots of hard work anything is possible.

Thank you! I hope to see your DD playing on the SEC network in the spring.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Your priorities are correct. Healthy and pain-free are the most important. Softball would be the icing on the cake.

But then you never know -- one young lady I know was in a boot for a long time, and afterwards she entered an Iron man Triathlon.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
Update: DD's surgery was a success. She has returned to all activity, except running. She can start running again tomorrow. Here's hoping we can get her back up to speed quickly, without over-doing it. First post-surgery track meet is next week and her first post-surgery softball tournament will be 3/12. I hope she is faster than a tortoise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45