DD hit in the face.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I know its not require by NCAA, but am not sure about the other alphabet sanctions.

Yes sir, but I thought all HS girls were required?

Edit: But ( late night thinking ) I thought I did see a video once of a state HS game with no guard. Thats a good question, maybe one of our umpire guys can shed some light.

May 18, 2009
There was a local college pitcher here last week that had her top and bottom teeth knocked straight back. 4 teeth, no mask. Hospital trip. I haven't heard how she's doing.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Yes sir, but I thought all HS girls were required?

Edit: But ( late night thinking ) I thought I did see a video once of a state HS game with no guard. Thats a good question, maybe one of our umpire guys can shed some light.

NFHS rules do require face masks, but you need to remember that NFHS rules have no teeth. The state association can use all, part or none of the rules offered by NFHS.

Mar 25, 2013
NC
So glad she is OK! My daughter won't go on the field without her helmet, thank goodness! LOL! I took her to a college game last weekend and she said "mom won't they let you wear a helmet in college?" I told her that I don't know the answer to that, but hope they will let her if she chooses to! Best of luck to your DD!

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
One more forum question. The rip it sizes. DD is ready to order, but we are unsure of the proper size. She's 17 but doesn't have a big head. You know what I mean, it's not shrunken or anything, just some women have small medium large heads.

So having a "small" adult head, would it be better for a youth? Or go ahead and order a adult? I don't want it too small it's too tight, or too large it's falling down like a pair of oversize pants.

Thanks

My DD is 16 and also has a small head. She wears the XXS Schutt batting helmet and wears the Youth Rip it. They do adjust. I included the helmet size so that you had some means of comparison.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Ok my peeps, do to the pain still associated with the hit to the chin DD has only worn the mask the last two days at practice. She says she is having trouble "controlling" the pitches. Is this a normal transition? Remember DD has been pitching 10 years without one.

* sigh *

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It is very normal. There is just no way to hurry up "getting over it." Perhaps during a game she is going to block it out, if not, I don't think that she can magically forget what happened. Good luck to your DD.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ok my peeps, do to the pain still associated with the hit to the chin DD has only worn the mask the last two days at practice. She says she is having trouble "controlling" the pitches. Is this a normal transition? Remember DD has been pitching 10 years without one.

* sigh *

Sounds like its time to give her a piece of your old sock/sleeve/uniform/jock strap to put in her pocket, pin to her shirt, or ... You know the one, Old Reliable, the one you pitched the big games in and never lost! Just something else for her to think about and take her mind off the mask. Or you could have her catcher wear a pink helmet with bunny ears painted on it. Whatever it takes.

Seriously, its just going to take her a little bit to get back on the horse and be the confident Assasin again.

Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1