DD gets odd Exposer.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
One person I'd like to thank is Sluggers. In 2010 he and his daughter came to watch DD and her team at during the WCW'S in OK city. ( Triple Crown tourney ) He saw us play the worst game of our lives unfortunately, but we came back to be runners up in the Gold bracket.*

He PM'd me with some ideas and things he saw DD needed to tweak as a pitcher. ( I still have those PM's Ray ) His advice and a few conversations with Ernie Parker really pushed DD to a better and more consistent pitcher.*

I'm sorry about the brag post but she has worked so hard to pitch again after the injury. Had to travel 3 hours away once a month for plasma injections ( about a 4 inch needle and 6-8 shots at a time ) months of physical therapy and then months of learning to pitch all over again.*

Not only was I afraid she would never throw again but was afraid the sophomore year she was out would kill our college ball chances.*

Apr 1, 2010
Congratulations to her!

LOL, when I first saw the title of this thread, I was afraid it was another post about about a perv preying on girls. =:-O

Apr 27, 2009
Please don't call it a HS tourney, it was a travel exposure tourney. Of course, you have to go to these, but the HS coach doesn't take you there, and it costs team money. Misleading for folks to believe that HS coaches generally get involved. They don't, especially if they are considered 'bad coaches' like folks here post. Kids stills need to do work in contacting the college coaches.

The HS coach is the contact for the player, if the player chooses. The player can also choose to have the travel coach be the contact.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Official Atta Girl !! Thanks terrific and best of luck!

At our game yesterday the PU grabs me after the game and says " I remember your daughter from her middle school games. How's she doing at her high school this year?. PU is the UIC for our District and just a gentleman." Glad the DD made a good impresion on him.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Please don't call it a HS tourney, it was a travel exposure tourney. Of course, you have to go to these, but the HS coach doesn't take you there, and it costs team money. Misleading for folks to believe that HS coaches generally get involved. They don't, especially if they are considered 'bad coaches' like folks here post. Kids stills need to do work in contacting the college coaches.

The HS coach is the contact for the player, if the player chooses. The player can also choose to have the travel coach be the
contact.

Hmmmmm, pretty sure it was a high school tourney. Sure looked like it on the website and then the 44 teams with school uniforms on. Our's and 44 other high school coaches were there in black and white. It's put on by a high school only for high schools.Lady Warrior Southern Classic on Riverdale Softball Lady Warriors - Murfreesboro Tennessee.

What's misleading is coaches who don't care enough to take their teams to these type tournaments, and then we complain about how bad HS softball is.

Look, when DD was a freshman I had a list of these HS tourneys and presented them at the first booster club meeting. The first year we got beat pretty good. The second year we did about average, this year we won 2 of the 3. The level of competition is as equal or even some are better than TB.

If you want your HS to get better it's no different trying to find the best competition just like we do in TB.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2011
So an umpire actually made a good call for a change? <sarcasm of course>

Great story and congrats!

Dec 7, 2011
Your story is so freaky to me – but first, I am very happy for you & yours!

We just had the umpire that was LL ump for DD at age 8, who has been following her "career" so far, just tell her the other day at an event that he has told his friend, a guy named Mr Mike Candrea, about my DD.

I originally just laughed it off but now ya got me thinkin!

Hey Mr Candrea, my DD IS that good! :)

(It's a good message to all of us in that ya never burn any bridges unnecessarily with anyone. Ya never know who they know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd