DD’s First TB Tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
I wouldn’t call it an all-star Team but DD’s Rec. League combined players from a few Teams to play a C level tourney Memorial Day weekend during the middle of the season. I would be surprised if anyone who asked to play didn’t get to but I do not know.

I think the 12 player Team has 15 pitchers, 13 SS and 8 catchers. It brings back memories of trying to manage baseball all-star teams. It will be interesting.

P.S. It wasn’t fair my DD played OF the entire tourney

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
PA
HBP, while you may not look at this in the long term, but they are doing your DD a favor. When those 15 pitchers, 13 SSs, and 8 catchers get to HS, where are they going to play? Your DD will have her pick of OF positions on Varsity while the others are fighting for bench space on JV. I know it's hard to imagine, but she is benefiting from the short-sightedness of her coaches playing their DD's in their preferred positions now and not learning other positions.

Apr 13, 2013
I was teasing her a little bit that she was playing RF for a couple innings last game, she hasn’t played the OF in over a year. She said she asked the coach if she could play the OF and they said sure and put her in RF.

She likes the OF and practices it which is why I think she will be put out there, which is fine for all of us. I was just being a little sarcastic about some of the Issues I see coming up.

Not sure this whole thing is a good idea or not.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The outfield at a higher level is where the superstars play. If your dd dreams of playing college ball, remember this, there is one ss on the field and three outfielders, at all times. So her odds of being needed on a college team are trippled as opposed to a kid who only plays middle infield!

Jan 22, 2011
My DD has been watching softball since she was 3 weeks old. She is 7 and a half and when asked which is her favorite position says outfield. She gets strange looks, but she has watched enough softball to know the outfield is the last line of defense and needs to be moving to back something up on every play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz