Daughter seems fatigued

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Not sure where you live, but EVERYTHING is blooming and allergies are zapping a lot of kids around here. Also tough when they practice at 77 for three days and then play on a day when it's 90.

May 1, 2015
4-5 innings a week? How much practice in the middle? I don't think its the pitching that is fatiguing her. What else is she doing? Swimming? Trampoline?

I would suspect if its not playing, its a growth spurt. As someone else pointed out it takes away from the accuracy, but it also tires a kid out. If its not any of that, see a doctor. When my dd was 7 she was playing soccer 2 nights a week and softball 2 nights a week. Its not just the 4-5 innings of pitching per week that is causing this.

She has had about 2 games a week (about two innings a game pitched) and a regular practice each week. She also she likes the cages, so we go about once a week and she practices pitching another 2 times a week.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Just seeking OP clarification so relevant advice can be provided. Is DD saying that she's tired??? Or are you, the parent, guessing that she might be fatigued because her results haven't been as good recently???

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My granddaughter is 5. I am teaching her other sports - roller skating, biking and dribbling a basketball. Sometimes, we go out and kick a soccer ball. I can remember my son being in local theater at age 7. He wanted to do it. And it was exhausting.

So, see if she wants to do some other things. What about swimming? Girl Scouts? I encourage my pitching students to do other sports. It helps in numerous ways.

But all in all, you probably don't have a real problem. Play ball!

May 1, 2015
Not sure where you live, but EVERYTHING is blooming and allergies are zapping a lot of kids around here. Also tough when they practice at 77 for three days and then play on a day when it's 90.

She does have some allergies and we are in Socal. It has gotten warmer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi