Daughter seems fatigued

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
The other thing to consider with fatigue and the female athlete is that they might not be getting enough protein or calories in their diet. This is actually quite common in females. The guys, however, are chow hounds and don't usually suffer this.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Have you had her checked for physical issues, such as anemia? It doesn't sound to me like the pitching routine should be draining her that much. I'd make sure there isn't something going on internally that the pitching is just helping to surface.

May 1, 2015
Have you had her checked for physical issues, such as anemia? It doesn't sound to me like the pitching routine should be draining her that much. I'd make sure there isn't something going on internally that the pitching is just helping to surface.

It has only gone on for about 10 days. I think like another comment says more sleep may help.

May 1, 2015
If you want to have a pitcher at the age of 14 and a relationship, stop what you are doing immediately.

Are you kidding? There is no excuse for overusing a pitcher at 7. Playing outside is far different than structured lessons and worrying whether a 7 year old hits her spots. Reduce the lessons, reduce the playing. There are years and years in the future for this kind of adult-supervised structure.

Do we let kids eat all they want? Miss school when they want? This is not about what a kid wants. It is about adults having common sense and limits. The PC should not be enabling this either.

We are not putting pressure on her. She wanted to take lessons and has the desire to work at it. She has learned how to move the ball and self correct. She enjoys her pitching. She just has been a little off and I want to make sure she gets the rest she needs.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
1. Increase carbs the night before..... Spaghetti dinners are the fav in our house
2. Make sure she's getting enough water - electrolyte water helps to. We don't do Gatorade.
3. More sleep

If this doesn't help, then check your catcher. We just experience similar situation about missing spots and thought it fatigue but in fact it was the catcher not "working" as hard. Don't get me wrong....DD is NOT 100% accurate but we did notice a marked difference in the last several games.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
4-5 innings a week? How much practice in the middle? I don't think its the pitching that is fatiguing her. What else is she doing? Swimming? Trampoline?

I would suspect if its not playing, its a growth spurt. As someone else pointed out it takes away from the accuracy, but it also tires a kid out. If its not any of that, see a doctor. When my dd was 7 she was playing soccer 2 nights a week and softball 2 nights a week. Its not just the 4-5 innings of pitching per week that is causing this.

May 1, 2015
1. Increase carbs the night before..... Spaghetti dinners are the fav in our house
2. Make sure she's getting enough water - electrolyte water helps to. We don't do Gatorade.
3. More sleep

If this doesn't help, then check your catcher. We just experience similar situation about missing spots and thought it fatigue but in fact it was the catcher not "working" as hard. Don't get me wrong....DD is NOT 100% accurate but we did notice a marked difference in the last several games.

I did notice on spring break she slept for about 11.5 to 12 hours when not woken up. Her school routine is about 9.0 to 9.5 hours because she has a long commute in SOCAL traffic. It also has been over 90 degrees, so you might be on to something with the water and food. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi