Curve Ball... Palm Up or Palm Down?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Ok you win.

I don't/didn't want to win Coach..........I just wanted to make it clearer for you.........I have no bone to pick with you. You've always "added" to the forum in a positive way and I repect that........

I also think that pointing out a potential flaw helps others learn...........That's not a "bad" thing IMO.........

But seriously......I was just "demo'ing" spin and break on particular question raised by our members.......I wasn't trying to get my overall mechanics "critiqued"...........

At my age........And the length of time it's been since I actually pitched........It probably wouldn't be a good idea if you get my drift......:eek:

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
OK I apologize in advance for dragging the thread to my level:eek:. I see how the delay or acceleration of IR is used to direct pitch-that was a great moment for me- duh! i am not sure that I got that before, so my question to BM. is do you explain this to your students as your way of getting them to understand what needs to be done for that pitch? I have been working on IR with DD for awhile, independent of PC and have been trying to figure out a way to best explain it for pitches other than FB and CU. What kind of cues do you use for other pitches.

Anyway- she is making progress, but we are running out of runway.

May 10, 2010
I really like the info that BM has put on for a palm up curve. I would like to see on this board either a thread or a stick for the different pitches. I think we kinda get a little off topic on some of the threads. I would like to see a riseball, screwball, drop, and change up thread. Do not know if it would work just an idea.

Jul 14, 2008
OK I apologize in advance for dragging the thread to my level:eek:. I see how the delay or acceleration of IR is used to direct pitch-that was a great moment for me- duh! i am not sure that I got that before, so my question to BM. is do you explain this to your students as your way of getting them to understand what needs to be done for that pitch? I have been working on IR with DD for awhile, independent of PC and have been trying to figure out a way to best explain it for pitches other than FB and CU. What kind of cues do you use for other pitches.

Anyway- she is making progress, but we are running out of runway.

MandM........Cause and Effect........

The CAUSE is throwing "pocket to pocket" from inside the ball...........The EFFECT is early I/R...........

The "Cue" is "throw it pocket to pocket"............Not "use earlier I/R"...........

Feb 20, 2012
throwing a cruve

You are leaning way over your front foot to throw you curve and Bill is keeping his shoulder back and using his lower body better than what I see with you.

Feb 20, 2012
so it is you trying to pitch? I don't throw very well but at 73 it is a lot better form that what you are doing for you curve if that's what you want to call it.

Feb 20, 2012
Bordmember your arm is very close to your hip and it appears to be brushing. Don't understand CoachFP

Hey FP lets see how well you do when you throw the ball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish