Critique / Help Series of Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
rh0ndv.gif

rdbass, what computer program is this?

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Still haven't figured it out.

The image was too big to transfer so you will need to click on the link.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n500/rramelli/SlotCompare.gif

I have a question for you MTS? You posted these two gifs in another thread where it appeared you were supporting pstein's thread on turning the barrel. You talk about launching the barrel, getting it in motion. How do these two gifs relate to your theories? I am looking at these two gifs, and there is a subtle difference. You seem to like Posey's swing initiation better? That is not a personal assessment or invoking judgement, just a question?

Attachments

• SlotCompare.jpg
    SlotCompare.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
R

RayR

Posey's launch is rearward....Torres launch is around.

Torres was given a dose of "connection" meaning that the barrel turns with the shoulders....Posey's hands/wrists/forearms are immediately working to put the barrel in motion early....early bat speed vs late bat speed....

Posey's shoulders laterally tilt - Torres shoulders rotate....Posey gets behind his rear leg.....Torres goes around it....

SlotCompare.gif

The image was too big to transfer so you will need to click on the link.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n500/rramelli/SlotCompare.gif

I have a question for you MTS? You posted these two gifs in another thread where it appeared you were supporting pstein's thread on turning the barrel. You talk about launching the barrel, getting it in motion. How do these two gifs relate to your theories? I am looking at these two gifs, and there is a subtle difference. You seem to like Posey's swing initiation better? That is not a personal assessment or invoking judgement, just a question?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
Posey's launch is rearward....Torres launch is around.

Torres was given a dose of "connection" meaning that the barrel turns with the shoulders....Posey's hands/wrists/forearms are immediately working to put the barrel in motion early....early bat speed vs late bat speed....

Posey's shoulders laterally tilt - Torres shoulders rotate....Posey gets behind his rear leg.....Torres goes around it....

SlotCompare.gif

Thank you MTS, just trying to help the masses to see the different use of words of describing the launch. Since you and Steve Huff are the major debators here. The advice for knights dd really showed improvement. I was amazed when I got back from the weekend and this thread took off. Also very impressed with her initial swing to the lastest. From a few drills that the dad took and tried himself and related this for his dd. Awesome start knightsb.

Jun 18, 2010
Thank you MTS, just trying to help the masses to see the different use of words of describing the launch. Since you and Steve Huff are the major debators here. The advice for knights dd really showed improvement. I was amazed when I got back from the weekend and this thread took off. Also very impressed with her initial swing to the lastest. From a few drills that the dad took and tried himself and related this for his dd. Awesome start knightsb.

Thanks 00fpdaddy. We did more SnF and deep tee drills last night. I didn't record any swings last night, I'll try to record some more on Saturday for a follow-up vlog entry.

Prior to practice I showed DD crankermo's DD's swing (thanks roga danar for posting)...

CrankermoDD_zpsd5432f39.gif

WOW, what an inspiration that was. crankermo, how old is Brooke in this clip (if you don't mind me asking)?

That is the gif. This swing is what Brooke is bringing into games consistently now. The sound off her bat is louder than anyone I've been around in softball.

I can believe that!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06