Compliance to the Alliance? $$$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
Yes --- the confusion is that if you want your stats to be included in all of their leaderboards, etc.... you have to use AGL to score your games. But you don't have to use AGL to score your games in order to qualify for the Championship.

May 16, 2016
in all of their leaderboards, etc.... you have to use AGL to score your games. But you don't have to use AGL to score your games in order to qualify for the Championship.
Yes, DD2 team is PGF bound, but they are still scoring in AGL (and GC) so players can be considered for All Tournament awards.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
"CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS"
I wonder how many or what percentage or their players are UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS and they are sponsoring and paying for equipment, airfare, hotel and rental car expenses?

The average Socal BB teams monthly dues are about $235 and startups (uniforms and bags) is about $700ish. They do have a very nice indoor facility and I believe their players can do unlimited strength and agility. But if you don't live near the facility, Socal traffic might damper its usefulness.

I don't get it, going back and forth over and over regarding Alliance as the evil empire. Then sleuthing FC and BB online and and now you've got it all figured out.

The indoor facility is a 30,000 ft^2 warehouse dedicated to the sport of softball. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that at SoCal rates and being right next to Anaheim Stadium, that is a HEFTY monthly mortgage.

Every BB has unlimited access to guided strength and conditioning at the Sports Training Complex (indoor facility). They employ 4 or 5 full time trainers. I truly believe they do this to help the kids and teams to become the best they can be. Is it completely altruistic? No, but on the other hand they are heavily reinvesting funds into their players. For the record, dues just went up to $220 from $200 for 2022. $60/month/player is used for the facility. Not bad at all as there are A LOT of teams charging more and providing less.

But whatever. I thought I'd chime in as DD is a Batbuster and I see first hand what they do and how they do it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't get it, going back and forth over and over regarding Alliance as the evil empire. Then sleuthing FC and BB online and and now you've got it all figured out.

The indoor facility is a 30,000 ft^2 warehouse dedicated to the sport of softball. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that at SoCal rates and being right next to Anaheim Stadium, that is a HEFTY monthly mortgage.

Every BB has unlimited access to guided strength and conditioning at the Sports Training Complex (indoor facility). They employ 4 or 5 full time trainers. I truly believe they do this to help the kids and teams to become the best they can be. Is it completely altruistic? No, but on the other hand they are heavily reinvesting funds into their players. For the record, dues just went up to $220 from $200 for 2022. $60/month/player is used for the facility. Not bad at all as there are A LOT of teams charging more and providing less.

But whatever. I thought I'd chime in as DD is a Batbuster and I see first hand what they do and how they do it.
I didn't say Alliance is evil. I didn't say PGF is perfect. I just think limiting your coaches/families from doing what they feel is best for their team is a little controlling and the decision to do so is probably driven by money and not the betterment of the softball world or to "CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED YOUTHS."

** I said the Training Complex was super nice, and if you live close, it could be very beneficial.

Feb 24, 2022
The idea of forcing a team to exclusively play for one sanctioning organization, and incur the costs associated with traveling to only those approved tournaments to me, seems ridiculous. This should be about what's best for the girls, not what's best for the sanctioning body. Put on good tournaments with good competition and teams will play. If you have to extort them to play in your events that's a red flag to me. But, to each their own.

USSSA is the biggest organization by us and they do similar things with their rankings - you only get points based on the USSSA events/results. No issues there. I find the rankings helpful to see who we are playing and the history of the teams. We all know it's not a complete history of the teams, but it's better than nothing.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
From the perspective of people who try to run travel ball organizations

could be that the organizational leaders are trying to go in a direction and they are in transition to it being a standard for them.

some teams will get caught up in the mix of that transition

( similar to the college athletes who got caught up in the mix of no more early recruiting. And fifth-year College seniors.)

While I don't think it's good for somebody to dictate what each team schedule is,
Somebody else doing a proper schedule for some coaches might be a good idea.

Travel ball people do have a choice who to play for. It's not uncommon for coaches to say they want everybody to 'buy into their plan'.
Regardless of alliance pgf or any other venue.

Plus this
***on many ( majority) of Teams it's kind of hard to gather families that everybody has the same goal, all at the same time, that includes when it comes to deciding if you want to showcase or not, or go out of state or not.
Again regardless of pgf alliance or any softball venues.

Good thing there are a variety of different types of teams Talent levels and schedules to choose from.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022

could be that the organizational leaders are trying to go in a direction and they are in transition to it being a standard for them.

( similar to the college athletes who got caught up in the mix of no more early recruiting. And fifth-year College seniors.)
Good point, as with most things with travel/club softball it is all about expectations. If the club is up front about what the expectations are, then parents can decide if that's the type of program experience they are looking for. But, those expectations need to be clear from the sanctioning bodies as well.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The idea of forcing a team to exclusively play for one sanctioning organization, and incur the costs associated with traveling to only those approved tournaments to me, seems ridiculous. This should be about what's best for the girls, not what's best for the sanctioning body. Put on good tournaments with good competition and teams will play. If you have to extort them to play in your events that's a red flag to me. But, to each their own.

USSSA is the biggest organization by us and they do similar things with their rankings - you only get points based on the USSSA events/results. No issues there. I find the rankings helpful to see who we are playing and the history of the teams. We all know it's not a complete history of the teams, but it's better than nothing.
Tracking teams at the 10U/2U/14U divisions is helpful. Then at 16u/18U you find it's the same teams at the top with a few anomalies sprinkled in.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

I really believe they are trying to follow the model that other sports follow. Baseball uses analytics and data to help the college coaches with recruiting and I believe (I am sometimes wrong) they use Perfect Game for this. Baseball dads in the know, please correct me. TB is trying to collect data, stream video, score games, rank teams and players using one platform. Seems like a good idea for many. You'll notice if you follow college softball teams they seem to use 2 different platforms for their websites and stats. I prefer one over the other for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi