Combat Avaritia - a good first composite bat for a 10U ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
Please share the details? Where did you find them at this price?

eBay auction. If you're patient, you can score some deals there for sure! I'm now waiting for a Miken Triad 3 to come up at a price I can't refuse.

At that price, I ended up getting a -11, 31/20. Based on hitting about a dozen buckets off a tee, DD really likes it so far. She hit some BP this week and the bat looks like it has decent pop. A three game friendly tomorrow will give some real world feedback.

A teammate just brought a brand new '14 Xeno 31/21 to practice this morning, and her dad encouraged DD to swing it if she liked, so I'm looking forward to the comparison down the line.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I got DD a new Combat Morphed Reload 31/21 about 2 weeks ago and it has a lot of pop. She loves it. Our first fall ball tourney is next weekend so we'll see how it produces during game time.

Mar 10, 2014
Hi. How are you doing? Does your Daughter like the Combat Morphed better than the Combat Avaritia? Any information you would be willing to share on the 2 bats would be much appreciated. I'm getting ready to buy my 11 year old Daughter a New Bat and I'm trying to decide which bat to get. I know you can get either of those bats now for around $60.00 or less since they are discontinued so I'm trying to decide if I should get either of those or spend a little more money and get something else. I know the Combat Avaritia was $300.00 before they discontinued it & I like the fact that the Avaritia is a 2 piece bat. I've seen a couple reviews that say there bat broke right at the 2 piece section but I'm not too worried about it if it breaks because Combat has a pretty good return policy and they would send a New Combat Wanted to replace the Avaritia if it breaks. Any help on either bat or any other bats would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time & God Bless!

Jun 24, 2011
JLaBrier, check inbox for Avaritia feedback.

After six months with this bat, if you can get one for $60 it is a screaming deal! Previous bat was an OG '11 Xeno, but DD has seen better performance with the Avaritia than her teammate's '14 Xeno. Whether that's a result of being one ounce lighter, I can't say, but she isn't seeking out the Makos and Demarinis her teammates are swinging, either. She's hit some legitimate shots with the Combat and wants a new catcher's mitt more than a new bat!

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
The new combat bats are a new design-cant compare them to the previous models regarding quality or performance.

IMHO if you are spending full price on a bat go with one of the top proven companies. They also sell mid and low end models that are good bats for beginners in that price range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01