Coaching them the right way

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Is there someone not playing to win?

Everybody says they are playing to win, but everybody has a limit where they'll say, ''I don't want to win that way.'' I guess this thread is partly about where people draw the line in the sand. But your question is a good one. Saying you're playing to win is pretty meaningless. Everybody plays to win.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
Would full 5-inning games be preferable to time-limited 7-inning games?

I would rather play an innings based game versus timed. Lower the run rule limes to 10 after 3 or something to keep lopsided games from taking too much time. I think this would be even more useful in Rec where you could created your subs based on 4 innings or 5 or whatever.

One rule I would love to see at tournaments is that all TB Championship games be 7 innings.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Everybody says they are playing to win, but everybody has a limit where they'll say, ''I don't want to win that way.'' I guess this thread is partly about where people draw the line in the sand. But your question is a good one. Saying you're playing to win is pretty meaningless. Everybody plays to win.

I think you're right, there is a line there..........somewhere.

If we are playing in some no name weekend tourney, I'll be more prone to get the "sportsmanship award". If we are playing in a state, national, or a tournament full of rival teams..............the padded gloves come off and we are scratching/fighting our way to the money game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi