Coaching Decisions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
I cant help but think that if Florida was a TB team , there would be a post about how the coach is an idiot and not using someone's DD who is the #1 pitcher. Perfect example of how the coach might know his team and players better than the fan in the stands or a biased parent

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I cant help but think that if Florida was a TB team , there would be a post about how the coach is an idiot and not using someone's DD who is the #1 pitcher. Perfect example of how the coach might know his team and players better than the fan in the stands or a biased parent

Of course, parents aren't the only people in softball who are biased. Non-parent coaches can also be biased, as can umpires.

Jan 24, 2011
Of course, parents aren't the only people in softball who are biased. Non-parent coaches can also be biased, as can umpires.

Just making the observation that what the folks in the stands or the parents think they see or think they know is not always the case. More often than not , the coach is well aware of the capabilities of his entire roster.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Not just that. If you listened to the post-game interviews, he caught Bama by surprise by not starting Rogers. Gutsy move.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The very VERY first thing media does after the national championship is try to get Rogers to say something about not starting.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Up 1-0 you are playing with house money, but if Florida instead was down 0-1, I'd bet we would've seen Rogers start. Were Florida hitters that good or did season-long fatigue catch up to Traina, who was still throwing hard, but seemed to have lost some command.

I'm hoping that more teams (at ALL levels) will take note of the value of a pitching staff and stop riding a single horse to exhaustion (i.e, Kentucky).

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Up 1-0 you are playing with house money, but if Florida instead was down 0-1, I'd bet we would've seen Rogers start. Were Florida hitters that good or did season-long fatigue catch up to Traina, who was still throwing hard, but seemed to have lost some command.

I'm hoping that more teams (at ALL levels) will take note of the value of a pitching staff and stop riding a single horse to exhaustion (i.e, Kentucky).

I think it was a little of both. That one HR or actually maybe both of the HR's I saw were on what looked like the same pitch which were both out of the zone. One just happened to be a left hander that took the high outside pitch over the wall and the other a right hander took the high inside pitch over the wall.

I wouldn't have expected either of those pitches to be HR's though so I will give the hitters credit.

Jan 27, 2014
We took our daughter to a Gators game a few months ago. Watched their catcher hit a grand slam and she sent that ball past the extra parking lot right over left field. They were playing the Knights and they hit very well that night(they won).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse