Coach upset with DD for going to Homecoming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Softball aside, IMO it is important to teach a child what commitment truly means. Some day those children will be adults and they will have to make some serious commitments that have severe consequences if those commitments aren't met. When it is ok to break one commitment, how do you pick and choose what commitment it is ok to break from then on? Seriously folks, I bet everyone that has a child on a team also has a teammate of your child that has sacrificed something fun or something they thought was important. To support her decision of breaking a commitment is equally wrong IMO.
I understand you told him in advance but you also left the task of running and managing a team to him. He can't bend for every player request. Think about it, if everyone took off for Homecoming you would possibly go 4 - 6 weeks without playing.

From the OP, it sounded as if this was an open weekend when scheduled. If this were a qualifier and the team was hurt by not attending, then I agree that she should play; however, it is a showcase. There is nothing to win as most showcases are focused on the individual. These are high school kids that only have so many homecoming dances. She should go if that's her wish. There is always another tournament.

Jun 24, 2013
So the coach gave the OK for her to take off and now because he is inconvieninced by the injury bug it becomes your DD's fault. No it is the coaches fault. He should be able to pick up a player or two and fill her spot temporarily. If he can't do that then he is a bad coach.

Nov 2, 2012
So the coach gave the OK for her to take off and now because he is inconvieninced by the injury bug it becomes your DD's fault. No it is the coaches fault. He should be able to pick up a player or two and fill her spot temporarily. If he can't do that then he is a bad coach.

Amen to that! Wow all this for a kid missing.... Sounds like alot of messed up priorities...... Plenty of notice, plenty of life to live, plenty of bull crap if coach can't find a player. Suggestion: Coach should build a bridge and get over it! REALITY folks get some. I didn't see where this has been a past issue for this child or parent, so life goes on :)

Oct 10, 2011

94PvO.gif

Would you believe the coach just called and said "what time will you be at the hotel?" I said are you kidding me? He said, "no, I told her she couldn't go to homecoming..."
Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Oh, my. Now, I was all for her playing and skipping HC, but this last bit of info is just too much. I would turn in her uniform.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
94PvO.gif

Would you believe the coach just called and said "what time will you be at the hotel?" I said are you kidding me? He said, "no, I told her she couldn't go to homecoming..."
Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

Its time to post his hotel and room number so that DFP can set him straight!

I'm just kidding, I think, but...boy does he sound like he could use a little taste of perspective

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Its time to post his hotel and room number so that DFP can set him straight!

I'm just kidding, I think, but...boy does he sound like he could use a little taste of perspective

PS Your DD should enjoy Homecoming even more now knowing that the coach's actions have confirmed that she made the correct choice.

Mar 26, 2013
DD said if they only have 8, she will play but won't be happy about it. I think they will have 9. I think it is different for girls. ..2 of her teammates said they wouldn't miss their homecoming.
I'm a little surprised she isn't going because she's been having a blast and doing well.
How many players do they have? Did she tell coach she will play if they only have 8?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz