Can't decide on a bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2019
My 9 year old is a contact hitter that will also start slapping in the fall when she moves up to 10u. She currently swings a 2019 29" -12 lxt. I bought the lxt used and it has a bunch of swings on it. I've narrowed my search down to two bats a used cf9 29-11 or a new CF 29-11. She really needs a light swinging bat, she's tiny. My main reason in wanting to switch to demarini is the Barrell is so much longer than the LXT. I'm open to other bat suggestions though.

May 29, 2019
As far as -11's go, the Demarini's are hot. However, they are fragile (as are most -11's) so I would definitely buy brand new instead of used, and keep track of the receipt in case you need to warranty it. At that age, you will be buying a new bat every year as she will be going up in size frequently as she grows.

Dec 2, 2019
Power Carbons are pretty darn good and would save you way more than a CF...but PCs lowest is 30/19
Funny story, I have a 2021 power carbon that I got on a deal. The 30" is just still too long for her. It will be waiting when she's ready for it.

Apr 28, 2019
My 9 year old is a contact hitter that will also start slapping in the fall when she moves up to 10u. She currently swings a 2019 29" -12 lxt. I bought the lxt used and it has a bunch of swings on it. I've narrowed my search down to two bats a used cf9 29-11 or a new CF 29-11. She really needs a light swinging bat, she's tiny. My main reason in wanting to switch to demarini is the Barrell is so much longer than the LXT. I'm open to other bat suggestions though.
21 LXT drop 11, 21 Demarini Prism Plus or CF would be my top choices. The Demarini drop 11’s do have huge barrels compared to other bats.
Easton Stealth 2018 also have crazy long barrel’s but probably too heavy for what your looking for.

Dec 2, 2019
Update, so I ended up buying her a used 21CF and she has been using a CF8 that was our team bat last year. A girl in the fall said it was dead so nobody has used it since then. It definitely wasn't dead she used it for 3 games this past weekend and hit the crap out of the ball and then she switched to the new CF because she said the CF8 was hurting her hands with vibration. She is not a big fan of wearing batting gloves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles