Bushnell radar gun?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2014
I was thinking about buying a radar gun. Walked into Sports Authority the other day and saw that they sell one there for 139.00. I read mixed reviews on it but I was wondering if anyone ever used thus brand and would happen to know if it was accurate?

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
check through the last few pages of the Softball Equipment forum. I recall seeing several folks comment on that model. Specifically, if I recall correctly, they are less accurate than pocket radar. You get what you pay for?

Mar 28, 2013
If you are going to spend some money on a gun I strongly recommend stepping up to the pocket radar. works good and is much less conspicuous while gunning other teams.

Dec 16, 2010
I've used the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun Amazon.com: Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun (Colors may vary): Sports & Outdoors for 4-5 years and have been happy with it.

It averaged 1-2 lower displayed mph than a JUGS gun (dd's pitching instructor has one -- I held one in each hand and gunned the same pitch), but it works fine for my purposes--comparing speed of different pitchers/pitches and tracking speed increases over time.

It's hard to beat the price.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
The way I look it is simple. Do I really care if my 11 y/o is throwing 45 mph or 60 mph? In a sense, I guess I do, but for the most part I don't really care. What I want to know is how is her speed today compares with her speed yesterday, or last week, or last month, or last year. IOW, at the end of the day, what really matters is that you have a reliable gauge with which to measure ups and downs. That's it. For the money, I think the Bushnell is just fine for that purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole