Bucket dad/coach IR-ing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
I'm pitching with a rebuilt shoulder; torn rotator, detached bicep and shaved clavicle. I alternate between racquetball with the men and pitching with the girls six days a week and I'm 54. I started playing racquetball in 1982 and for those in the know I'm an Open player here in Europe and an A player in the states. Even after the rebuild my shoulder is spent. Because of this I can feel the torque created throwing with IR. I have a Rev-Fire, on a good day I can occasionally hit 17rps. My number one pitcher, a 16 year old mind you, consistently hits 20rps. The best HS pitchers in the country can hit 25rps.

Well then...I can totally understand the reason for your pain.

I played racquetball for a couple years with some guys shortly after high school and I totally loved it! When I first started, I remember chasing the ball into a corner and just watching it land in front of me or behind me with no idea what I could've done to actually hit it...lol!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2011
PUH-LEEZE!!! Rain... wah, wah, wah... ;)

My DD is 6 feet tall... that snow is 7...

fv8bra.jpg

So that's where all my snow went! We kept getting warnings but it always blew by us. I do however understand the cold. Thermometer in jeep this morning told me it was 0 deg. out, not counting wind chills. Just another balmy day in PA. :p

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
So, interetsing lesson with the PC on Sunday. First time in 4+ months that either PC (DD has had 2 as we've switched days and times) has corrected her arm circle. DD has had an issue with bringing her arm behind her body from 12 to about 8, which forcers her into exactly the position you'd imagine, with exactly the results you'd expect: constantly pushing the pitch left (she's a lefty) except for when she overcompensates and yanks it right.

Sunday, PC has her move to the K and start throwing and then adjusts her starting/12 arm position to be more in front, with her elbow about in line with her toes versus in line with her torso. As soon as he moved her arm to where he wanted her, I could see where this would end up:

...Now move your Palm to a position behind your back foot that is a little more than half way between directly in front of you and directly behind you. Now turn your body a little back toward the target.

Another light bulb moment. I haven't had the chance to really work with her on this yet, but now that the PC has introduced the basic idea it will be much easier to get her to adjust.

Oct 22, 2009
PUH-LEEZE!!! Rain... wah, wah, wah... ;)

My DD is 6 feet tall... that snow is 7...

fv8bra.jpg

I just canceled lessons tonight because it's raining with gusts to 30mph and a wind chill of 32.
Now I'm feeling guilty and may have to call everyone back and say it's back on. :(

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
OK, I suck at this. And DD refuses to get her pinkie leading, keeps rolling her forearm over and away from the body, never gets to brushing. We actually back-chained even more tonight: set her elbow to her side, pinkie against her thigh, ball in hand facing 1B (lefty), and IR-ing without bringing her forearm away from her body. Basically an IR wrist flick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors