Broken Hand

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2015
DD did it. Second game of high school season. Hairline fracture of the 5th metacarpal bone at the base. No surgery is required, just a splint for 4-6 weeks. DD is a sophomore and has been sending emails to coaches and going to camps & has several coaches wanting to watch her pitch this summer. Has anybody experienced this before? How long was your dd down & what can we expect when she is finally released? She is pretty down in the dumps and so am I. She worked really hard all winter to be ready for both school & travel ball and now her school ball season is pretty much done & travel season is in question. Hoping nobody else has experienced this but if you would like to hear your story so we kind of know what to expect.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
My dd is younger than your dd. she is 14 in 8th grade. When she was 12 she injured her ring finger and had a subluxation type shoulder injury this time last year. Both injuries to her throwing shoulder/hand. Each time we felt like it was the end of the world. I know that feeling. But we didn't have the recruiting pressures. Sounds like her high school season is probably done. But its early in the year. I hope and think that with allowing time for healing and maybe some PT she will be good as new in a few months. She will have plenty of time this summer and fall to impress potential coaches! Stay positive! Healing a bone is easier than dealing with muscle and tendons. When she's up to it she can run do cardo yoga a lot of things to keep in shape.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes