Breaking in to coaching school ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
OK, dealing with school bureaucracy is beyond me. The state Dept of Ed wants background checks that I've already done, so as far as they're concerned I'm good to go. The LSD, however, wants more recent checks done, so the checks that are good enough for the state aren't good enough for the LSD.

Because of this, I have to wait for the background checks to clear before I can actually work with the girls, and they can take 3 to 45 days.

Why did I want to do this?

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Because you love teaching the game? Keep reminding yourself this, because I can assure you this won't be the only thing you go through that will have you scratching your head. Good luck!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
LSD is saying to themselves, what some idiot WANTS to coach our MS softball? We better get a really recent background check, heck maybe 2 or 3. Something is wrong here and we need to figure it out.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I have 5 weeks of 90 minute practices scheduled. 5 or 6 days a week. Need some ideas for practice plans. I'm building my own, but more input is better!

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I've never heard of the state checks not being good enough for a local district. Crazy.

Worst part is they're the exact same checks. Literally. The state requires a BCI check once, and FBI checks every 3 years. LSD requires that the checks be completed no more than 365 days prior to your start date. Completely ridiculous. I'm risking getting fired just by being at practice with them.

Jun 1, 2013
Worst part is they're the exact same checks. Literally. The state requires a BCI check once, and FBI checks every 3 years. LSD requires that the checks be completed no more than 365 days prior to your start date. Completely ridiculous. I'm risking getting fired just by being at practice with them.

Careful with that. I know you want to be there but rules are rules and you don't want show you can't follow them. What sense does it make to jeopardize your potential job? Just instruct your assistant coaches on what to do and relax a bit. Stay away from the practices if you are supposed to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA