Best way to transport a composite bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
So we will be flying with DD to a softball tournament in Califoria in November and I am trying to figure out the best way to get her Xeno there. Because they are afraid that we might use the bat to bludgeon someone, it can't go in the cabin. I am worried about the temperature in checked baggage and the bat getting too cold. Would itbe better to ship it overnight to the hotel and back? What is everyone's experience with this?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I may be way off, but I don't think the temperature is an issue when the bat is not in use. Think about how the bat came to you....it most likely spent time on a plane.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Yep...cold composite bats are okay so long as you don't hit with them while cold. In Texas winters (when it actually dips into 30s), we kept heaters in dugouts, and the girls tried to keep their bats warm by staying close to the heaters and by rubbing them up and down with hand warmers LOL. My dd just swung her older composite bat. Sigh.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not having the bat is not the end of the world, she should be able to borrow one or you need to go spend some money.

Don’t let her glove or cleats out of your sight.

Jul 10, 2013
Send it UPS or FEDX to your hotel, they will hold your package til you get there. Why gamble with the plane it may not get there at all.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
Use one of the shipping companies that specialize in shipping golf clubs and/or luggage. It will be waiting for you when you get to the hotel and you can insure the equipment in case of damage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse