Best way to find teams to pick up with

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2015
GA
I know she's only 8 but my kid barely wants to take a weekend off, much less a month and a half. Recently we came home from a 2-day, 7 game tournament. Her dad and I were exhausted. She grabbed her glove out of the car and started throwing it against her net. If she wanted to take time off we totally would. I didn't even care about any sports at all before she started playing softball, and she drives all this. If we have to have 6ish weeks off we'll certainly deal, but if we can pick up a tournament or two I know she'll be happier.

I'm in GA and I've posted on the board I know about here in the past (for specific tournaments) but never get a response. I actually am hoping to pick up with 10U which might be even harder since she's new to 10U this year.

Jun 18, 2013
I have yet to find any decent AL based forums for the north AL area. I have tried Facebook pages, our state news aggregator website that has a softball forum, our USSSA forum and everything else I can find and have yet to get any reasonable responses. It has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. I am just waiting for fall TB tryout time to roll around to try to find a 12U team to try out for or to find a 12U team starting up.

May 24, 2015
GA
I won't let her get worn out. Anyway, we've found a team to pick up at least one July tournament with. I think 2 weekends off a month is plenty. A month and a half is not necessary.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
If you live in west GA you can check AL.com's softball forum. A lot of teams post tryouts and pick ups needs on there.

Honestly you will probably be getting a break anyway. Most teams will be shutting down after the USFA or USSSA WS in mid July. The earliest we have ever started back was mid August and that was a one time thing. Every other year has been the weekend after Labor Day.

You may not realize it now but you will definitely want the break. We are a first year 12u team and have already played 45 games this spring. We have spent weekends in Gainesville, Woodstock, and Griffin Ga plus one in Montgomery, Al. On top of that we worked a 2 day fundraiser at Talladega and two days at a tourney our org hosted. If she is playing at a competitive level in her second year of 10's and older you can count on your weekends disappearing. I wouldn't trade the time with my family for anything but dang I wish I could have a day off just to cut grass.

Also after playing a couple of years picking up gets a little easier. You will build a network of people that can help you out. The amazing thing about this game is the friendships we have developed. My DD has girls from teams all over the south she will text with or run up and hug at tourneys.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1