Best softball practice balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Dudley Thunder Heat and Trump Evil balls are the only two brands I ever buy. I'm sure some of the other brands listed here are fine with the exception of the Dick's ball (junk, and a waste of money !) but we've always had great luck with the Dudley and Trump.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Hi DFP.

Just wondering what r the best for the price practice hitting balls? Has anybody tried Dicks practice balls? Do they last?

Thanks!

Dicks balls are awful and deform quickly, however for 10U and younger they are OK for most of a season to hit as long as they were free (You can get a free bucket from Dicks along with a scorebook and a team bag if you call their marketing manager for your area looking for a sponsorship). They don't last and they are worth exactly what you paid for them ($0). They are awful though.

We try not to buy new balls for practice unless we have to. In our buckets are:

- used game balls from our local tournaments and leagues
- balls we paid $1/ball for @ Play It Again Sports
- balls we paid $2/ball from local Craiglist ad (they are mostly used game balls)
- A set of nicer balls we set aside for use by our pitchers (these were new when we set them aside - eventually they will end up in the general buckets as they get older)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Stay away from all brands that are labeled "practice balls" ..... that's a code for super cheap and will be destroyed in no time flat.
Spend a few extra bucks and get Worth dream seams, Evil ,or Dudley brands... you'll be glad you did

Oct 19, 2009
Stay away from all brands that are labeled "practice balls" ..... that's a code for super cheap and will be destroyed in no time flat.
Spend a few extra bucks and get Worth dream seams, Evil ,or Dudley brands... you'll be glad you did

DD likes the Dream Seams, I go to Sports Academy or Dicks in the off season and can get some decent prices for them. I also have gotten some bargains at some of the tournaments where some of the sports companies have a booth it seems like a dozen for less than $40.00.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Contact your local Little League, HS, and/or Middle School...sometimes they have an overabundance of used balls. I would start with the Little League organization because each year, each team gets (minimally) a case of new balls to use for their games....they can add up over the years. The cost would be minimal...make a $25 donation, or you or your players could offer to prep the fields one evening, umpire a lower division game, run the snack shack for an hours, etc. You could walk away with 40-60 balls easily. When I was involved in Little League we had two huge plastic bins full of practice balls.

Just a thought,

T

Feb 12, 2014
Rawlings have been really cheap at softball.com and have always worked well for us.

Just throwing out that softball.com is having some MAJOR customer service issues. Lots of orders not being fulfilled and people are having to work way too hard to get refunds. They do have a really good price on those Rawlings balls but based on what I've experienced and read recently, I'd spend a little more just about anywhere else.

Feb 18, 2014
Just wondering what r the best for the price practice hitting balls?

Decent quality leather baseballs.

( r the best for the price hitting balls...for fastpitch hitters. )

Second choice is probably 11" leather softballs.

Third choice is a decent leather cover 12" softball like Dudley, Evil, Baden, etc.

Gd. luck!

You must be in the bat sales business. Baseballs are too hard for a fastpitch bat, same thing with some balls used in batting cages.

There is a post here somewhere where the guys 11yr DD had broken 4 Demarini bats from hitting baseballs.

The best softball practice ball is a softball.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Hey Undergroundga. Do u remember which rawling balls u used?

ON SALE

Rawlings Little League 12" Fastpitch Softball (Dozen)

Item: LL12Y47L

Rawlings Little League 12 Fastpitch Softball (Dozen) Official game balls for Little League softball. 18% higher Superstitch high seam technology. Core Bond adhesive. Collegiate leather cover. Durable Polyurethane center. Sold in d
more...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA