Being Positive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
11YO DD locked herself in her room and cried for an hour yesterday because she is out for a month with a broken toe, she feels like she is letting her Team down.

After she settled down we discussed it and I think she will come off this injury better then she was before, I am not sure she is buying it but I believe it is true.

DD and DW have an entirely different prospective of last year, DD did great and had a great time. Somehow that memory is being poisoned by other people as time is going by.

Mar 28, 2013
At twelve one of my DD's had a torn meniscus that required surgery. could not play the remainder of the season. we still went to every game and she became the head stats keeper for the pitchers, did a great job keeping the players up in the dugout, lead cheers and the coach even put her on the bucket and she relayed in the pitch calls. was she disappointed she could not play yah!! but she did still feel like she was contributing. Im sure your DD will become a asset to her team with what she able to do and become a better PLAYER because of it.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD has also had meniscus issues in the past. Her coach was fantastic at making her feel included. She caught for fungos, she cheered, she attended the coin toss, etc. She also attended all practices and games, and arrived at the same time she would to warm up as if she were playing. She wore her jersey and brought all of her equipment. Some coaches are better than others in including their injured players.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
11YO DD locked herself in her room and cried for an hour yesterday because she is out for a month with a broken toe, she feels like she is letting her Team down.

After she settled down we discussed it and I think she will come off this injury better then she was before, I am not sure she is buying it but I believe it is true.

DD and DW have an entirely different prospective of last year, DD did great and had a great time. Somehow that memory is being poisoned by other people as time is going by.

She will be better for it!!! Hoping for a Hasty Healing !!!

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We have 3 season ending injuries that happened in HS Ball. We really want these players to attend Tournaments with us and be part of the team assisting in tracking pitchers/hitters. I hope they do, but at 16 who knows what they will decide. They did seem like they wanted to....

I hope your DD gets better, and maybe she can help the team in doing something (talk to the coach)

Apr 13, 2013
Team played their first game without DD, they won.

DD had pitched at least an inning in every game so far(and the most innings of any P) and leadoff, 2 of the games with her broken toe.

Apparently a few of the player see DD being out for 4 weeks as an opportunity, good for them.

It sounds like some players/ parents handled it better than others but there is no lack of volunteers to take DD’s position/ innings. :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
DD is still recovering from a severe strained ligament and missed all but 4 games of her first High School Season. It was really hard but we focused on watching softball games, visual training, and a lot of "bucket drills." Hang in there and keep her busy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli