Battery operated soft toss machines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2009
Just curious, how many coaches or parents here use a battery operated soft toss machine to practice hitting (into a net) at team practices or at home?

Attachments

• Ultimate Ball Toss Machine (1).jpg
    Ultimate Ball Toss Machine (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I think they are more useful than not doing anything. But soft toss and live pitching is always going to be more superior. I don't know that specific one, but our various teams have tried a couple different ones, and the batteries are a huge limitation.

Sometimes we take our little homemade rig out in the yard and fire it up with a car battery. That's about the only capacity that makes sense for these sorts of things, but is pain to lug around:

[video=youtube_share;2U7GiK5hv-0]http://youtu.be/2U7GiK5hv-0[/video]

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I like my Jugs Soft Toss and am bidding on another one. A screwdriver fell in mine and I can't get the spring back in alignment, to fix it. It is great for hitting, when you are alone.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Back when DD played she would hit 50-100 balls off the tee and another 50-100 with the soft toss machine a couple times a week. It was especially good in the winter with limited garage space.

Nov 14, 2011
I bought one for my DD last year. It is sitting in the garage in the exact same place that I placed it. She prefers to hit from a tee. SMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes