Bat delima

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
I just noticed this week that the ASA2004 stamp has rubbed off my DD's 2011 XENO. I immediately panicked and sent an email to my JO commissioner for clarification. Got a response from the district UIC that without the stamp the bat would not be eligible for championship play.

Anyone else have this issue? What are my options? Can someone 'official' re-certify it?

I am also going to try Scheel's Visa warranty that I used to purchase the bat last May.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Doesn't the umpire remove the bat? The JO is just reciting the rules. Not sure but are there any XENO's that don't have an ASA Stamp?

Jun 20, 2008
None of the Zeno bats were manufactured before the stamp, if it was me I'd contact someone at Louisville Slugger and I would use the bat until it was removed from the game by the umpire...than I'd use it the next game until it was removed by the umpire...

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Has the stamp rubbbed off completely? If a portion of it is still visible or you can tell where it used to be, it should be fine. I have yet to see a bat where the stamp has been totally obliterated, most of the time, you can still tell where it used to be.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You can call Louisville Slugger to see if they will replace it under warranty, but if they reject your request, I would recommend continuing to use the bat until an umpire says something. 8 girls on our team use Xeno's, so I am pretty sure the umpire knows they are ASA2004 compliant.....if an umpire reject the bat, have a backup bat available or borrow one from a teammate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild