Bat boy dies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Videos of him, this morning shows a real helmet, that fit him. It was a wood bat league and the umpire (EMT) began treatment immediately. Perhaps he was struck in the face, neck or heart. Yes, I thought of Dusty Baker's son, too.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Agreed. At that age kids do not have a full situational awareness of what's happening on the field. Tragic for the family, team and the player who swung the bat. I can't imagine what they are going through.

It reminds me of the game where Dusty Baker's son was scooped up at home by one of the scoring players just seconds before there was a possible play on the trailing runner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzV7x8WcR4g

The Giants changed the minimum age to 14 after that, because it illustrated exactly what you say. The little guys charge blindly out there to do their job, with no situational awareness.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Have you seen the picture of a player holding him? It is heart breaking. I think the player hit him and immediately picked him up.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
I've witnessed alot of close calls but thank God that's all they were. I just can't imagine. Truly a heartbreaking story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck