Baseball mitt to catch fastpitch.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I accidentally bought a baseball catchers mitt off Ebay and tried to use it. The pocket is smaller and the width at the palm is reduced. If you are buying a glove, buy one specifically designed for softball. If you are using a glove you already have, good luck and I recommend wearing a facemask.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Looking for a higher quality, no-velcro mitt.

I am not sure why you are adamant about not having a velcro wrist strap - it allows for a larger variance in hand size, so if your DD ever wants to catch, she could use it too.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I am not sure why you are adamant about not having a velcro wrist strap - it allows for a larger variance in hand size, so if your DD ever wants to catch, she could use it too.

I've never understood the aversion to velcro.

Jan 24, 2009
Here is a $279 Nokona Buckaroo catchers mitt that has a velco strap, so do not tell me it is only found on cheap gloves!

That mitt is not inexpensive, but the velcro cheapens it IMO. By 'IMO' I mean that I am simply stating my preference.

I also would never buy a sports car with an automatic transmission. Sure, the autotranny option is just as expensive(probably more), but it is a marriage that should never happen...I. M. O.

Rolled asphault roofing on a high end home? It may do the job, but no thanks.

You get the idea. Velcro on a glove is just aesthetically unacceptable to me, so I am looking at mitts without it. Looking into 1b mitts is a good suggestion. Many of the fp catcher's mitts closely resemble those anyway. Thanks. VW

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
auto

Here is a $279 Nokona Buckaroo catchers mitt that has a velco strap, so do not tell me it is only found on cheap gloves!

That mitt is not inexpensive, but the velcro cheapens it IMO. By 'IMO' I mean that I am simply stating my preference.

I also would never buy a sports car with an automatic transmission. Sure, the autotranny option is just as expensive(probably more), but it is a marriage that should never happen...I. M. O.

Rolled asphault roofing on a high end home? It may do the job, but no thanks.

You get the idea. Velcro on a glove is just aesthetically unacceptable to me, so I am looking at mitts without it. Looking into 1b mitts is a good suggestion. Many of the fp catcher's mitts closely resemble those anyway. Thanks. VW

Vdub, I have a muscle car that is an automatic and I wear those shoes while driving it!

Dec 19, 2012
I'm with Vdub.......I would not buy nor do I own a glove or mitt with velcro. My shoes have laces. My sports car has a 6 speed manual transmission.

JMO but I think velcro cheapens a glove/mitt and it looks terrible.

Oct 10, 2011
Velcro

It bugged me that DD insisted on velcro for her A2K but after trying several gloves without it, she just felt more comfortable with it. Not a cheap glove either.
I bought a Mizuno Global Elite 1st base glove for myself to throw with her but wish I would have bought a catcher's mitt for the extra padding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish