baseball coach hits boys with pitches, convicted of assault.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Not to start a geographic war. But an inordinate amount of stupid things have a slight tendancy to occur in Texas.

In all fairness. I have to admit my bias. I am a 49 ers fan and 99% Of the stupid things I refer to have to do with people with stars on their helmets.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
virginia
I have a slightly different take on this. Sounds like he was intentionally throwing as hard as he could. That's just stupid. However I have always taught my teams how to get hit. I start with just learning the motions, then wiffle balls, then tennis balls, and finally real softballs. I am usually about 20 ft with a screen throwing BP and tell them I will sneak a couple in. I'm pretty accurate and do slow it a little. I can't tell you how many parents and players have thanked me for it. Of course my intention is to prevent injuries not cause them.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
I am from SoCal and currently live in TX (Dallas area) also a niner fan.
Sports in TX are hard core and very cut throte....
So yes this type asshole-ism is not surprising.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Not to start a geographic war. But an inordinate amount of stupid things have a slight tendancy to occur in Texas.

In all fairness. I have to admit my bias. I am a 49 ers fan and 99% Of the stupid things I refer to have to do with people with stars on their helmets.

Hey don't throw away the whole state just because of that team with a star from Dallas! Cowboy fans are a minority around here.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012

LOL....!!!! I've been to Dallas and Texas many times and maybe so....I also just got back from my first trip ever to SF/Oakland/San Jose.....and I think its more sad than stupid, but the San Francisco 49er's are going to become the Santa Clara 49er's next year, unless they keep their old name and play in a city 50 miles from Candlestick....and speaking of Candlestick, that place is awesome and the weather is perfect, plus it's so easy to get in and out of downtown San Francisco with all the parking they have.....and the people all are as normal as normal gets, just can't understand why they would leave.....to bad ole poor Joe Montana is having trouble with this hotel being built across from the new stadium....maybe people in Santa Clara don't realize who he is.....

jk.....both cities are really cool....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz