Auburn Hop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Whatever dude... Re-read your first two sentences on post #46. I've been reading your posts for probably close to 15 years... I know your methods.... I won't allow you to do that to me. You get the last word... go.

No problem dude. Suggest you stop fantasizing about what is being stated. Learn to deal with reality ... sort of like what "the hop" is intending to get players to do. As for methods ... you've made your method obvious ... rather than make false claims, I recommend sticking to the topic and losing the personal accusations.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Hopefully we can continue a discussion without the foolishness of personal accusations.

Of course... I never said otherwise. You can tell by the hitter's barrel position and pitch location where it is going to be hit. That is anticipation. Just before contact.

This type of teaching ... the teaching of anticipating where the ball will be hit on the field, right up to bat/ball impact, is the type of teaching that Auburn wishes to remove/erase from their player's training. It is training that is believed to lead to false movements that hinder a fielder's reactionary ability. Instead Auburn teaches to not anticipate once the pitcher has thrown the ball.

Oct 4, 2011
Throwing the ball up and manipulating the barrel to throw off an infielder is different than a game situation, but nice try in trying to back up the theory you are presenting.
If you were taking fielding practice, and I was hitting hard ground balls in your general direction, … and if you were truly moving towards a preconceived fielding location prior to collecting real data … even if this movement was slight, then you would find yourself being sawed off as a result of making false preliminary movements … and the more you relied on needing to guess, the more you would spiral into a feeling of being chewed up.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Throwing the ball up and manipulating the barrel to throw off an infielder is different than a game situation, but nice try in trying to back up the theory you are presenting.

What's this ... are you back pedaling? Thought you could see the barrel path prior to impact and get a jump on things? You know, exactly what the coaches at Auburn wish to avoid ... i.e., the coaching that you advocate.

There is considerable value in allowing athletes the ability to use their reactionary abilities. Auburn gets that. Some don't.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm sorry? Where does it say that the pic was taken "at contact?"

Earlier in this thread I posted a sync'd video displaying this.

Here, I'll repeat it for you .....

w9fyw1.gif

Oct 4, 2011
You are truly funny five...

I don't think what you call real data only happens at contact.

What's this ... are you back pedaling? Thought you could see the barrel path prior to impact and get a jump on things? You know, exactly what the coaches at Auburn wish to avoid ... i.e., the coaching that you advocate.

There is considerable value in allowing athletes the ability to use their reactionary abilities. Auburn gets that. Some don't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321