Attack Angles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2011
jfg486.gif

Can someone answer this question for FFS? Which swing do we find better?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
jfg486.gif

Can someone answer this question for FFS? Which swing do we find better?

Stever ... I didn't ask the question. You did.

Maybe you'll get around to posting that research you stated you would post. Then again ... maybe not.

In any event, if you wish to discuss a particular topic then go ahead and discuss it. You've already stated that you don't generally agree with me ... so you don't need my input.

Nov 29, 2011
It's a very simple question FFS, that you keep avoiding. I honestly wanted to see if you could speak for yourself, rather than just attack others. All you do is bait others to share their beliefs so you can attack them, never have you once offered any solid advice on your own.

I have balls, so I will answer my own question. I like the swing on the left, although he catches it just a little farther out front than I like. The swing on the left will have greater batspeed.

Please, no one without balls respond to this, haha.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
jfg486.gif

JMHO. Wouldn't the swing on the right have 'greater bat speed' because the hands are closer to the body.

Nov 29, 2011
jfg486.gif

JMHO. Wouldn't the swing on the right have 'greater bat speed' because the hands are closer to the body.

The hands, I believe, closer to the body will make them stronger, not necessarily faster (the strength part comes into play when the ball is not purely squared up). I believe in the two swings the bat traveling the furthest will be faster (have done test). Its a good trick when doing OnDeck camps, or similar, to tee the ball up a little further out front to get a faster recorded bat speed.

Nov 29, 2011
jfg486.gif

The hands, I believe, closer to the body will make them stronger, not necessarily faster (the strength part comes into play when the ball is not purely squared up). I believe in the two swings the bat traveling the furthest will be faster (have done test). Its a good trick when doing OnDeck camps, or similar, to tee the ball up a little further out front to get a faster recorded bat speed.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's a very simple question FFS, that you keep avoiding. I honestly wanted to see if you could speak for yourself, rather than just attack others. All you do is bait others to share their beliefs so you can attack them, never have you once offered any solid advice on your own.

I have balls, so I will answer my own question. I like the swing on the left, although he catches it just a little farther out front than I like. The swing on the left will have greater batspeed.

Please, no one without balls respond to this, haha.

Stever, I am speaking for myself. I'm not interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1