Asa

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
Is anyone else running into to sanctioning with ASA you have to buy their insurance? We already have team insurance, I shouldn't have to buy their stuff..none of the other sanctions make me do that.

Mar 26, 2013
ASA has had insurance bundled with their JO registration for as long as I remember - 12+ years. The only choice is the amount of the deductible and I don't think it's worth paying extra for the lower one.

PGF started off requiring teams buy their insurance and still requires teams have their's at Nationals.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
Ah, okay. I always did it in the past, but our ASA commisioner is terrible. And by that I mean, I didn't get my insurance the last two years without begging, I didn't get our cards until July, I didn't get my Background Check until October of last year, and I haven't had a new rule book in 4 years. This year, over half my players are from my neighboring state, so I am sanctioning with them. I called the commissioner there and he said he could set it up for me and all I need to do is take care of everything else without their insurance.

Jan 20, 2010
When you enter your team and submit for approval online once approved by the commisioner you should be able to not only print your insurance certificate off but also manage your roster and championship roster, which there is a difference between the two.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
Yeah...that approval of my roster didn't come until August. I submitted it in March. We don't do ASA nationals but we always sanctioned with them for insurance. Now our organization gets group insurance because of our past issues with ASA, plus it is cheaper to get the same insurance else where to cover all teams in our organization. Don't know..it's just the principle of the thing I guess. The rest of the sanctioning gives me the option to use what i have or purchase theirs. I'm not getting a choice here at ASA. Oh Well..

Jan 20, 2010
It is all about the mighty dollar and in the end it is all a money game.......As someone else also said ASA not the only one who require the purchase of their insurance PGF is also going down that road

Oct 22, 2009
PA
It is all about the mighty dollar and in the end it is all a money game.......As someone else also said ASA not the only one who require the purchase of their insurance PGF is also going down that road

Correct. PGF requires that you purchase their insurance, though I have not received a clear answer from whether you need to buy their insurance for the National and Regional Championships only, or if you play in any PGF qualifier. Also, they don't accept ASA background checks for coaches, you have to pay for a separate background check for PGF.

Mar 26, 2013
Correct. PGF requires that you purchase their insurance, though I have not received a clear answer from whether you need to buy their insurance for the National and Regional Championships only, or if you play in any PGF qualifier. Also, they don't accept ASA background checks for coaches, you have to pay for a separate background check for PGF.
You only need their insurance for nationals and qualifiers.
PGF requires teams pay their registration fees for national qualifiers, but insurance is not required until you qualify and register for nationals.

PGF's requirements for regional qualifiers are determined by local rules. For example, Ohio PGF is not requiring teams to register with PGF to play in their regional qualifiers or their other events (i.e. nonqualifiers).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad