Are you a showboater parent?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
If I was on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, I probably would be...even more so than now...:D
And if I could figure out this darn fangled YouTube, I'd post videos to that...:D

Jun 12, 2015
I'm guessing most of my non-sports loving FB friends have me hidden by now. I brag on my kids a lot on FB and I don't plan to stop anytime soon :D

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Since I coach and my wife does the book (that needs to change) we don't get that many pictures of DD during the game. So I'll get to brag is her stats of the day on FB. I would spam the feed like no tomorrow if I wasn't the manager.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I think it's a little different if the Mom's do it since many of their friends are actually excited to hear about the accomplishments of their friends kids. That's why DW posts everything so that I don't look like "that" parent...even if I am:cool:

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Do I showboat my 3 varsity sport, valedictorian, voted most athletic, math award winning, accomplished saxaphone playing, honored by the local tv station as brightest and best, HS NHS, college engineering student with an award winning robot, invited to join a collegiate honor society, member of a nationally top ten ranked club softball team .. Daughter?

Nope

Nov 3, 2012
You're telling me people don't want to hear about the 10ks my DD pitched in a game this weekend and the home run she hit. And its just my ego talking. Ok, if your reading this page, were all in the same showboat.
Hope if doesn't sink from all the weight.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
You're telling me people don't want to hear about the 10ks my DD pitched in a game this weekend and the home run she hit. And its just my ego talking. Ok, if your reading this page, were all in the same showboat.
Hope if doesn't sink from all the weight.

I think your safe. With all of the big heads we have right now in this boat, one more certainly isn't going to take us down. Especially since huge egos are weightless unless you're the person listening to it:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619