Announcing Tryouts for DFP Diamond Elite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Important DFP Diamond Elite Organization Note

While the selection of team hitting and pitching coaches will be at the discretion of each team's coaching staff, the NECC "Coaches Guide to Training Catchers" DVD has been adopted by the DFP Diamond Elite organization as the official catcher training guide. Sorry, no exceptions. DFP Diamond Elite will enter into negotiations with NECC and Advanced Catching Concepts to provide instructional clinics for all DFP Diamond Elite teams in the world.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I can't decide if I want to apply for the Hitting Coach position or Team Mom. While I might not be qualified for one of those two positions, discriminating members will have a hard time figuring out which one.

BTW, really I'd like to apply for "That Dad" status.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
I'd like to be an "at large Coach", that is a person in the stands (never on the field at games nor practice). I can contradict all decisions by the on field coaching staff and fire off insulting zingers towards those coaches, players, parents, opposing team parents and umpires on the field. Also will be instrumental in stirring the pot in the stands to get other parents involved in uprisings! I'm hoping there will be many other "at large Coaches" in this new organization

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Please allow me to speak as to my qualifications to be "That Dad." I have the large pop up shade canopy but I set it up down either the right or left field lines. In that way, while we sit out there, everyone will know that we are unhappy with the coaches and so sit out there so no one can hear what we are saying. Of course in doing so, we are saying a lot. I have the stroll down. You know, the stroll up to go to the restroom or concession stand so that I can do my hit and run attacks then get back to my oasis. BTW, I hate it when people ask me about my cooler. Disregard the 20 bottles of water I brought. I had to go to the concession stand because I had to get better tasting water. I can start most sentences when I approach you with lines like, "Have I told you what she did today?" If you say yes then I can divert with the use of "but" and mention what I probably didn't tell you. Finally, I have a wagon. No, not for softball equipment but for all the stuff the wife and I need for a game. We let everyone know all of the content because we are the most prepared parents on the scene. Naturally among those items is a blanket so that we can coach the child as she lays down between games eating her fruit snacks. Hey, don't judge us. We have to coach the kid since the coaches can't coach. GD, sorry man.

Aug 7, 2012
What are your thoughts about my team joining your organization? No need for try-outs, as I have already recruited the best 10u players from around the world. My players egos are only matched by their parents. You should know that we only play up. Now I'm not going to BS you, 23u might be a challenge for us but we should easily domination at 16u-18u divisions. All we need is a home (for insurance purposes).

Jun 24, 2013
Open pitching tryouts for 12U will be this Saturday from 12:00 – 12:05, my DD pitches so your DD will not see the circle anyways so I didn’t want to waste too much time on this. I really don’t care how well your DD pitches.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am the family that arrives 15 minutes late, for everything. Pictures at 4PM? We arrive at 4:15 and stroll slowly from the parking lot.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
What are your thoughts about my team joining your organization? No need for try-outs, as I have already recruited the best 10u players from around the world. My players egos are only matched by their parents. You should know that we only play up. Now I'm not going to BS you, 23u might be a challenge for us but we should easily domination at 16u-18u divisions. All we need is a home (for insurance purposes).

Wheels, I may have a lead on a pitcher for you - supposedly there's a 9 year old that throws in the 70's. I was told her dad kept much better stats than her old team and coach. She DID NOT throw the 174 WP's they had her marked down for, her dad said they were all passed balls because of incompetent catchers and pitch calling. She's knows what she's throwing even if know one else does.
Her dad said she also batted over .500 when you take all that ROE and FC bull the team and coaches used to down play her batting stats!
Word is her dad calls a better game from the stands than the coaches calling pitches from the dugout and he's quick to call out fixes to her when she's in the circle. He should also be considered as an "at large Coach"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1