Annie Aldrete leaving TN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Oh, I am sorry that she lost her friend, in that horrible way. I am the queen of best friends. I still have my group of 4, from HS.

Since it was suicide, I would feel that she does need to be home, because she may need help for some time to come.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
This year, just as Finals were about to start, DD#1 lost one of her best friends from HS to Suicide. It was a very emotional time and she was fortunate that her school is close enough to home that she could be home for the wake/funeral. Stuff like that hits you where you can't brace for the impact. I hope Ms Aldrete is back playing the game again soon. she is a great ballplayer!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Here's more. Santa Catalina alum Annie Aldrete leaving Tennessee to be closer to home Interesting what her father says. When we were looking at Tennessee's final game, my wife and I commented on how the Tennessee players faces and demeanor looked different during the game- like a pall was cast over them, especially Rainey Gaffin who looked so full of passion and confidence previous games. I noticed when Taylor Koenig struck out with runners on and returned to the dugout, Karen Weekly turned away from her and would not look at her. I said to my wife then, something is wrong with this team. I know it's all speculation, but it's still hard for me to watch a coach turn away from a kid like that. But what her dad said is what he said and there's no changing that.

I saw something similar...after a player went down looking she avoided eye contact with Weekly and Weekly kind of gave her the death stare...I noted it during the game as looking like all was not good in Vol land...here is the clip, it cuts out right as Weekly starts to look at her but in the broadcast it had one more frame so you could see Weekly just tracking her like a laser beam and the player pretending to be otherwise occupied.

[video=youtube_share;SQdA6cP3_o4]http://youtu.be/SQdA6cP3_o4[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan