Anderson bats/new rockettech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
The 14 Rocketechs, if I recall, are made in China, not USA. The issue is the weight. My DD's 31/22, in theory, should weigh about 24 oz to have a swing weight of 22 oz. Instead, it weighs 25.7 oz and swings like her 32/23 CF6 that weighs 23.7 oz. I don't know if all 14 Rocketechs run heavy, or if it is just this specific bat.

The transition to the 14 Rocketech may be a challenge, but my DD did just fine with it last spring.

DD's team mate had a '14 that was 5 ounces over.

All RT's were over sticker but that was juuuuust a bit out of spec.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Steven Anderson, co-founder and chief bat engineer, parted ways with Anderson Bat Company in late 2013 so anything after time isn't an Anderson bat IMO.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
Per Steven's wife, ABC was dissolved in September 2013 and is now just the Does Business As (DBA) of the company that bought the assets.

But the new investor foreclosed on the primary lien and took all assets in early September, and negotiated a deal with a man named Vern Hildebrandt to sell him the assets of Anderson Bat Company LLC. The new investor got his money back, the financial partner got pennies on the dollar for what he was owed, and Steven got zip. (Well . . . he got no money, nothing of financial value, and no ownership interest or employment. But he did get freedom from the original LLC's non-compete requirement, which was dissolved since it had no assets after the foreclosure. And by then, freedom to go on and make a living elsewhere was sweeter than millions would have been.) The new owner registered "Anderson Bat Company" as a dba under his existing businesses, and is continuing the business as if it were the dissolved LLC, with many of the old employees, old products, and in the same location using the same equipment. Steven is not involved in any way in that business.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Both my dd's have rockettech in their bags. One has 15 Lxt and a RT - 2008, other has the 2010 RT. Now, against what I have said on other posts, RT WILL make you a better hitter due to smaller sweet spot, if you can hit the ball on the sweet spot regularly with the RT, you can with any bat. Head to head, the RT BEST vs BEST outperforms the 2015 LXT, average 10 swings LXT likely nudges the RT. I will say hands down DD has hit the longest balls she has ever hit in her life with the RT in hand, no doubt. I use it to hit fly balls and infield and do my "scientific bat testing", if you get it on the spot, and can handle a true end loaded bat its a monster. Love it. Younger dd is 9years old using one, big strong kid for her age, same results. If you can hit with these bats you can hit with anything, but if you can hit with them you DONT WANT to hit with anything else !!!

Feb 24, 2013
Since we are talking Rocketechs I picked up a 2011 with no dents to add to Daughters 2014 Rocketech. The 2014 was a 34/25 but weighed 27 onces. Was 2011 a good year for Rocketechs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55