Americas Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have had a couple players go and all have said that it is very pricey for what you get and the competition is pretty weak.

Would be interesting to see how much it would cost to set up the trip and go on your own vs. through this organization. It sounds like this is essentially a travel agent who found a nich market setting up softball and baseball games in other countries, then they named it "America's Team" to make it sound official and patriotic.

Mar 28, 2013
Round trip airfare,8 days hotel and dedicated tour guides,8 days worth of meals and about 10 games with social events after the games with the Dominican teams.Sounds pretty fair for 3.5k.They coordinate the fundraising. A coach has to recommend you and you have to be accepted then they send you a invitation to go in this program. you cant just sign up for it. Does not seem like its just a travel agent. But that is why I posted the OP

Apr 29, 2013
My daughter is going to Greece and Italy this July. It is expensive, but what an opportunity! She gets to wear the USA uniforms and see some pretty amazing sights, as well as play softball. Two of her team mates are also going. They are going to have an awesome time. Wish I could go with her!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My daughter is going to Greece and Italy this July. It is expensive, but what an opportunity! She gets to wear the USA uniforms and see some pretty amazing sights, as well as play softball. Two of her team mates are also going. They are going to have an awesome time. Wish I could go with her!

Just out of curiosity, what makes this "America's Team"? Is there an open tryout (a coaches recommendation is not the same thing)? What softball association sanctions it? I am not trying to pour cold water on the idea, just pointing out that anyone could set up the exact same thing.....

There is a hotel chain called "America's Best Value Inn", do their guests feel patriotic when they stay there?

Americas Best Value Inn | Hotels in North America | ABVI

Mar 28, 2013
just out of curiosity, what makes this "america's team"? Is there an open tryout (a coaches recommendation is not the same thing)? What softball association sanctions it? I am not trying to pour cold water on the idea, just pointing out that anyone could set up the exact same thing.....

There is a hotel chain called "america's best value inn", do their guests feel patriotic when they stay there?

americas best value inn | hotels in north america | abvi

uhhh,wow!!

http://www.amteamsport.com/

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Americas Team and their partnership with ACIS provides sports themed travel to a niche market and have been doing so for quite a while. No, they do not represent the United States or Team USA and the competition is not high level. However, they seem to be up front in what they provide and for some it may be a great experience. Perform your due diligence so there will not be any surprises or unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2013
If you are a American player traveling to a third world or foreign country with a team of American players and coaches to Play, get to know and immerse yourself in that culture with the Players from that country learning as much as possible about you and the USA Then hell yes you are representative the USA. Who do you think the Dominicans and the players are thinking are flying halfway across the world with more money in their bat bag then their family makes in a year. You could go as a travel ball team and wear firecrackers on your Jersey but to those teams and players you are the AMERICANS, And they look very forward to playing you, and to them the are representing their country. They are also very much looking to forward to grilling you non stop about the lives you live in the USA. To send a group of the fine,outstanding young ladies that play the sport we love so much to a country to hang with fine ,outstanding young ladies to exchange experiences and memories in my opinion represents the USA much better than the jack wagons the Feds have representing us.Sure you can donate $250k to a presidential campaign and if he or her wins you get to be a ambassador/representative, and your official. But I would argue its garbage compared to what a Team like this can accomplish while interacting with so many real everyday people.

I've been Fortunate enough to wear the Team USA jersey for three years all over the world and actually competing was the very smallest part of my Team representing our country. And being the OFFICIAL Team had nothing to do with it.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Im going this July with 4 girls from Long Island. Because I only have 4 girls I am combining with another team that is coming from Texas. Here is my itinerary! So not only do we get to meet other softball players in Greece and Italy but players from another part of the USA!

Greece and Italy Itinerary*
This is a preliminary itinerary for your group.
Day 1
Monday, July 20, 2015, Overnight Flight
Depart from the USA.
Day 2
Tuesday, July 21, 2015, Athens
Welcome to the wonder of Greece and its capital, Athens. Meet your Tour Manager and transfer to your hotel in the Athens area. (D)
Day 3
Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Athens
Sightseeing with a local guide features the spectacular Acropolis and the Parthenon, which dominates the city and stands as a powerful and impressive memorial to the remarkable civilization that built it. You will also enjoy a visit to the exciting new Acropolis Museum. Later this afternoon, take on a local club team in your first taste of international competition. (B,D)
Day 4
Thursday, July 23, 2015, Athens
This morning, put on a clinic for local developing players. This afternoon, drive down the coast to Cape Sounion for a chance to swim and relax on the beach, beneath the columns of the Temple of Poseidon. This evening play your second game of the tour. (B,D)
Day 5
Friday, July 24, 2015, Overnight Ferry
Drive to mythical Delphi, home of the great oracle of Apollo. Explore the Archaeological Museum of Delphi and visit the Temple of Apollo. Continue to Patras to board the overnight ferry. (B,D)
Day 6
Saturday, July 25, 2015, Sorrento
Enjoy the calm waters of the Mediterranean as you cruise toward the heel of Italy and the port of Bari. Travel through the olive groves across Southern Italy to Sorrento. (B,D)
Day 7
Sunday, July 26, 2015, Rome
Visit the excavated city of Pompeii with a local guide. Nearby Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD and buried the city in ash. What we have today is a perfect picture of life as it was nearly 2,000 years ago. Continue to the Eternal City, Rome and play your first game in Italy this evening. (B,D)
Day 8
Monday, July 27, 2015, Rome
Today's sightseeing tour introduces you to every phase of Rome's history with a panoramic drive of the city. In addition, your local guide accompanies you through the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel, and continues to St. Peter's Basilica, giving commentary via personal headsets. Later, an inside visit to the Colosseum is included with your tour manager. Tonight play your last game of the tour and enjoy a postgame party with your hosts. (B,D)
Day 9
Tuesday, July 28, 2015, Departure
Departure for the US.

Meal Guide
(B) = Breakfast Included
(D) = Dinner Included

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
and its not about the competiton or winning or losing..its about making new friends from around the world and spreading the love that we all have for the game of Softball!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1