A fight erupted Friday after Little League game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not like this time of year all the crazy people/ personalities come out, in our League anyways. I’m back to thinking DD will play during the season but not play in the year end tourney. Going into last year she was not going to play in the year end tourney but she did and it worked out OK at best.

Behind our game Saturday a parent went after the coach, grabbed their DD and left the complex in the middle the game. We had our own Issues but nothing as serious.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
A few years ago one coach on a losing team head butted the opposing coach, smashing his glasses, cutting his face and breaking the coaches nose. He runs to his car and peels out, leaving his kid wondering what happened. Of course the kid gave up the dad's address where he was arrested.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Look, they sent Barney Fife to break up the fight!! " Nip it ".

3aa06d4e.jpg
[/IMG]

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
Great role models!!

Situations like this can actually teach the kids how embarassing and rediculous behavior like this really is.
The parent(s) involved may never learn, but I'm sure the kids see what is wrong here.

DD's team brought a new family onto her team and her dad heckled the umps a little excessively.
During the 2nd tourny of the year, when he went off, she turned around from the dugout and yelled
"DAD, shut up". She must have explained how embarassing his behavior was and he understood.
Since that day he has been one of the quiet parent's.

Lesson learned by all...

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
In 1981 ( I was 8 ) my brother had a killer HS baseball team, runner up in HS state championships. I can remember after each game during the playoffs when they would send some team home, the dugout would chant the old song " na na na hey hey hey GOODBYE ". I never saw any violence or shouting. But you can't pull that stuff today, someone will go to the parking lot and come back with a gun.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
There are a$$es everywhere. Played against a team this weekend that I believe the coach should be investigated. A 16A ASA tournament, and he is complaining about our baserunners having to slide at 2nd because his SS cannot make the throw to 1B. Two umpire system, no INT calls were ever made, and in fact our runners were veering towards CF when the force out was made. Long story short, he comes out on the field and instructes his players to throw the ball at their heads, if they get hurt it's their fault. Everyone heard this, oh yea and our coach is an ASA Officer for our State.... I hope he does something about this.

Jun 15, 2011
IL
I do not like this time of year all the crazy people/ personalities come out, in our League anyways. I’m back to thinking DD will play during the season but not play in the year end tourney. Going into last year she was not going to play in the year end tourney but she did and it worked out OK at best.

Behind our game Saturday a parent went after the coach, grabbed their DD and left the complex in the middle the game. We had our own Issues but nothing as serious.

Were you out in Rockford on Saturday? Happened during our game, 2nd inning of international tie breaker, parent yells at the coach to put his DD in the game after an error by the AC DD. Verbal confrontation between parent and HC. Parent gets kicked out, but will not leave without his DD, she needs to leave, crying no less. What a shame...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors