2016 Miken Freak Black vs 2015 Louisville LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I agree with all you say. I'm just reporting on the state of things in the travel ball world as I see them and the travel ball world finds hot bats ... quickly. If there was something out there that was great and costs less than the top end bats, we'd see them getting used. Kind of like the 2014 Xeno not getting used because of the issues with the 2013 Xeno but the 2015 Xeno is now wildly popular because it's hotter than a Firecracker.

Same thing with the CF7. Didn't see many of them even though the DeMarini CF is one of the most popular fastpitch bats in history. Already starting to see more CF8s than 7s, though, because they seem to work better.

We all know that bat loyalty is tough nut to crack, though.

I also agree...but if a bat isnt popular...nothing is gonna make you switch. You already know, no one bat is
gonna be 10 times better than another top bat with the limitations on bats. So not one bat is gonna
make you put a great bat down because you just say wow, that hits 40 foot further.
So, its an uphill battle. I wouldnt expect any girl to say I want a FB over an LXT. But it has nothing
to do with peformance. It has to do more with that the FB is unknown and not seen, and also brand
loyalty and love of a certain bat.

Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
I also agree...but if a bat isnt popular...nothing is gonna make you switch. You already know, no one bat is
gonna be 10 times better than another top bat with the limitations on bats. So not one bat is gonna
make you put a great bat down because you just say wow, that hits 40 foot further.
So, its an uphill battle. I wouldnt expect any girl to say I want a FB over an LXT. But it has nothing
to do with peformance. It has to do more with that the FB is unknown and not seen, and also brand
loyalty and love of a certain bat.

Very very true. I'c\ve actually had 2 people ask to take a pic of my girls FB because they had never seen one before. If people would think outside the box and take a chance they'd learn that there is more in the world than Xeno, LXT, & Mako. I can't wait to get my daughters FB replaced....it's a great bat.

Turl

Loves to watch slappers in action!
May 4, 2015
Central Iowa
I just hope they aren't a 2013 Xeno waiting to happen. ie: great bat that likes to break a lot.

Jun 27, 2014
Could it be that FB smallest size is 31/21? LS and Demarini makes great bats in 29/30 drop eleven. Girls in 8u will use these and become very familiar with these brands. If FB would come in a 30/20 I think it would increase their popularity big-time.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Could it be that FB smallest size is 31/21? LS and Demarini makes great bats in 29/30 drop eleven. Girls in 8u will use these and become very familiar with these brands. If FB would come in a 30/20 I think it would increase their popularity big-time.

I dont think its that. I think the easy answer is the right answer. People sway to bats that they see and associate with. Plain and simple. Even if they made drop 11's...who is buying the bats? Parents...and they see CF's and LS's.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have a 2015 LXT 33/23 for sale for $200 shipped in case anyone is in the market for a gently used bat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA